What case you recommend for a Galaxy S4?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the GreatShield iSlide case, but it has a tendency to scratch stuff, hopefully that doesn't happen to you (but it looks so good!!!)View attachment 98421View attachment 98422

That one looks good!

You mean the case gets scratch easily?

Or the case is so rough it'll scratch other things?

Anyway, it looks nice and thin, it's a hard shelf, right?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
That one looks good!

You mean the case gets scratch easily?

Or the case is so rough it'll scratch other things?

Anyway, it looks nice and thin, it's a hard shelf, right?

I meant it has the ability to scratch the trim on your phone. This doesn't seem to happen to the majority of people, I just got unlucky (but luckily, it's not major scratching and you need the light just to even see it properly). I reckon it happened when I applied it.

It's a two piece, hard polycarbonate case

FAiello

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Spigen Slim armor view. Great protection and much better than the Samsung s-view

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I meant it has the ability to scratch the trim on your phone. This doesn't seem to happen to the majority of people, I just got unlucky (but luckily, it's not major scratching and you need the light just to even see it properly). I reckon it happened when I applied it.

It's a two piece, hard polycarbonate case

Ah, well, good to know 👍

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Spigen Slim armor view. Great protection and much better than the Samsung s-view

I've heard many good things about it. But they also say is too slippery.

natethechamp

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Spigen Slim Armor on my S4. I've broken my screen twice when it's landed face down on my hardwood floor (the second time about two minutes ago :(). It's a good case for everyday wear and tear, but if you're a klutz like I am, I'd look elsewhere.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Spigen Slim Armor on my S4. I've broken my screen twice when it's landed face down on my hardwood floor (the second time about two minutes ago :(). It's a good case for everyday wear and tear, but if you're a klutz like I am, I'd look elsewhere.

Yeah, it has very little lip on the front of the phone. That's why I think the best is the Impactology case by Tech 21

Posted via Android Central App

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

I second that. Get the Spigen nano glass screen protector. Yes its expensive but I am very impressed with it. Makes the screen feel naked but your well protected.

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have installed a LLOYD FX case and a Seidio Vitreo Screen guard, i have also an Seidio Active case and holster, but this case don't fit my S4 with the wireless charging back.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
How would you compare the slim armor to the ofteebox commuter?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Slim Armor is good for protecting from falls as long as it's not face first. It has very little lip on the front when on the phone. It's slimmer than the Commuter but it won't be as good for protection :\
Still a really good case and it looks a lot better

T1geRKat086

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I opted for the Otterbox Commuter, and while it is a big ish case I feel good about it. I like the raised lip around the front in addition to the screen protector film that makes me feel like my screen is good and protected from reasonable wear and tear or accident. I have the Artic blue flavor of the SCH-1545 S4 so the blue OtterBox case clicked well I felt. Yeah overall I'm happy as I can really be about a case.

Claris Chew

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Speck CandyShell case for my S4,
The case is great, not bulky, but yet the protection is still there.
Dropped my phone a couple of times, and my phone is all fine.

Just bought a Otterbox Commuter case from this online shop.
Have yet to try out, but looks slightly bulkier as compared to Speck CandyShell.. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox