Before I break my iPod/S4 charger

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My brother has been doing that for about 2 weeks now with no problems.

I believe that it'll mess up the battery on the long run, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My brother has been doing that for about 2 weeks now with no problems.

I believe that it'll mess up the battery on the long run, but I'm not 100% sure.

It won't hurt a thing. The phone/iPod determines how fast the battery charges so it can't charge faster than what is safe. It can only charge slower than what's possible.

These chargers all use the USB standard so you're getting the same voltage on the same pin out of all of them regardless of brand. The only difference is how much current they are capable of supplying and because the phone/iPod determines the charge rate you can't have a charger that supplies too much current.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok! 👍😁
I only mentioned the battery issue cause I read about it on an article before.
But it's good to know it won't.
Like I said, my brother has been doing it with no problem whatsoever.
*Knocks on wood*

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Trying now, seems to charge real fast, it's already powered on. Don't know if that's good or bad
It's good.

I'll put it this way. The best possible scenario is that it will charge as fast as before. The worst possible scenario is that it will charge slower than before (or discharge slower depending on how you use the iPod while it's plugged in). Neither of those results in any damage to either your charger or your iPod.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It's good.

I'll put it this way. The best possible scenario is that it will charge as fast as before. The worst possible scenario is that it will charge slower than before (or discharge slower depending on how you use the iPod while it's plugged in). Neither of those results in any damage to either your charger or your iPod.

👍😃

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon