Looking at getting a S4

seanwplandry

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Currently looking at the possibility of getting a S4. I currently have a iPhone 5 and wanted to know what the S4 can do better than the iPhone and what everyone loves about their S4's. I have seen the adds and read the reviews but I wanted to get the average users opinion on this.
Also, does anyone use an iCloud email with this phone, I do have a gmail account but it is a back up account my primary one is my iCloud. Just wanted to know if I will be able to email with my iCloud on a S4 or would I have to switch to my gmail.

Thanks

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Currently looking at the possibility of getting a S4. I currently have a iPhone 5 and wanted to know what the S4 can do better than the iPhone and what everyone loves about their S4's. I have seen the adds and read the reviews but I wanted to get the average users opinion on this.
Also, does anyone use an iCloud email with this phone, I do have a gmail account but it is a back up account my primary one is my iCloud. Just wanted to know if I will be able to email with my iCloud on a S4 or would I have to switch to my gmail.

Thanks
Well first of all the screen is a lot easier to read things and see things. You have a lot of options for widgets and things to customize the phone. You have way more options on the camera. You have a removable battery and sd card. You can have wireless charging if you choose

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I would say it's mostly the same as the age old Android vs iPhone debate.

iPhone tends to have less customization options and more uniformity among apps. That actually makes it easier to set up. And chances are when you install a new app or connect to new service it'll work exactly the way you want.

Android tends to have more customization options and more variations among phones. That makes it harder to set up. Sometimes when installing an app it doesn't work exactly right because it's not 100% compatible with the specific phone or setup that you have. Disadvantage for the Android there. The big advantage is the screen size and I think more powerful hardware. And customizability can be turned around as a plus if you are interested in spending time figuring things out. Recent Samsung phones like S4 do not have as many options for custom Roms as older ones and other brands.

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Recent Samsung phones like S4 do not have as many options for custom Roms as older ones and other brands.

This is primarily due to the 4.3 update and the accompanying KNOX security suite. ROMS still exist but the recent OTA locked things down pretty tight.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Sean. I just left Apple and my iphone 5 for the Sammy GS4 GPE and could not be happier with my decision. I was very apprehensive about the switch. The first 24 hours was a definite learning curve but now, after 1.5 weeks, I'm loving the SG4 GPE and loving Android. My iphone 5 was jailbroken but was VERY disappointed in iOS 7 and even more disappointed in the lack of a bigger screen being released in Fall 2013. That's why I'm here! I HIGHLY recommend going with a gmail/google account. It just makes the entire process and experience that much seamless. My battery life on the SG4 GPE seems to be MUCH better versus my jailbroken iphone 5 as well. good luck!
Hello,

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173