My screen is discolored green!

JaBrew

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
My screen recently turned kinda green. I'm trying to figure out if I need to send it back to samsung or if there is something I can do on my own. It has not been dropped or anything like that. The only thing I can think might have caused it is when I fell asleep the other night playing The Bards Tale, I was asleep for about 6 hrs, but I didn't notice it until much later in the day. I put in a link of some screenshots. One of them is a picture of a blue towel. Please help, I have become quite addicted to my S4. Thx.

Mobile Uploads Photos by jabrewer79 | Photobucket

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have heard of this before. I'm pretty sure it's a defect in the S4s, which means you'll probably have to send it to Samsung for repair. Talk to your carrier first, maybe they will cover it under warranty.

All you need to do is Google "Galaxy S4 green screen" and you'll find lots of information!!

JaBrew

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the response. I just finished doing some Google searching on it and wow are there some problems with the S4. I will be heading to the mall where I bought it on Tuesday. Thank again.

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I think i had similar problem to yours but even worse.

One day my husband was playing game on his s4. Suddenly he felt that his palm is sweating due to the phone that heats up alot. He stopped playing with his phone phone for a while. Suddenly when he check his phone again after 5 min, the left side of the screen turned white with green lines and the rest of the screen became blurry or greenish blurry.

He went to the samsung service center the next day and made a complaint. He was kinda angry because the phone is just 4 month's old and we bought it for 700usd. My husband was very confident telling them that he never drop the phone or water gets into the phone.

Lucky us samsung replaced the led (im not sure either what it was, but thats the info we got from them when we pick up the phone after repair) for free because it is still under the warranty. And the samsung guy said it is due to overusing the mobile.

Good luck to you and hopefully they will repair your phone for free.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk