Question regarding different versions

dtoljanich

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I originally had a SGH-I337 which was recently lost. I purchased it in Canada on the Rogers network, and everything worked great.

I am in the UK for 4 months, so I've purchased another S4, but the model number is gt-i9500.

I can not get Kies to recognize the new phone, though the computer and MobileGo recognize it.

I have a backup of the original Canadian phone I would like to restore to the gt-i9500 and was wondering if this is possible without Kies, and why Kies won't recognize the gt-i9500

Any help is greatly appreciated!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, the backup you have will not work on a different model through Kies, so that's just bad luck :(

As for the recognition, it should, but Kies can be temperamental sometimes. So, what I'd do is try to re-install Kies (and make sure you have the latest version), uninstall the phone driver from your computer and then, restart, plug your phone back in. That usually helps.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not directly to the best of my knowledge. You can, however, open your backup in Kies and transfer the items manually. This should apply to everything except apps and settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835