email issues

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know how to have the S4 delete email on the server? Every email I delete I get it right back. Using S4 stock email client. My provider is a imap.xxxxx.com.

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure with the stock app, but it is probably similar to other apps. With Maildroid you have to open each account then go to that account's preferences and select to delete on the server and on the device. You can select one or the other or both, but it must be done from the inbox view of the account. With Maildroid there is noway to change one setting for all accounts.

Take a look at each individual account's preferences and see if it doesn't have similar options.

Last edited:

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
There is no selection to delete mail on the server. I've been all the way through this app and no such setting.

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Try Maildroid. It has several options that you might like including deleting items from both your server and device, a combined view to see all of your accounts at once, conversation view for emails from the same people, and support for multiple accounts and account types.

Sorry Handcent is an sms app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae