08-16-2021 02:56 PM
36 12
tools
    For me, the app that was causing the static alarm icon was "Muslim Pro".

I killed the app and the icon disappeared. Reloading the app, naturally, caused the icon to reappear.

Removing all the prayer alarms, then killing the app, then relaunching it, did NOT result in the icon reappearing.

However, I went into the App Info screen and changed the "Apps that can change system settings" to "On" and then when I re-enabled the prayer alarms, the icon has NOT yet re-appeared (fingers crossed.)

Hope this helps someone else, too.
    Just an update: the alarm icon returned, so that last "Apps that can change system settings" change didn't work. I have contacted the developer, however.
    Zayani Sabrine likes this.
    04-12-2018 10:22 AM
    Thanks waqqas31 you saved my life 😅 it was a prayer app. I sesinstalled it and problem solved
    04-24-2018 10:55 AM
    Thank you so much waqqas31. This really help me out to solve this prob. It's have been a few days. I just decided to reset my phone before I read your solution. Really appreciate it ❤❤❤
    04-25-2018 11:38 AM

I killed the app and the icon disappeared. Reloading the app, naturally, caused the icon to reappear.

Removing all the prayer alarms, then killing the app, then relaunching it, did NOT result in the icon reappearing.

However, I went into the App Info screen and changed the "Apps that can change system settings" to "On" and then when I re-enabled the prayer alarms, the icon has NOT yet re-appeared (fingers crossed.)

if u have this app, its true. even if u turn off all ur prayer alarms it doesnt make it disappeared. but u can go to setting > Prayers times & adhans > Adhan notifications > then turn of the "Force Adhan Notification".

Try it, bcs mine is disappeared. I hope it can help.
    09-07-2018 03:26 PM
    i just fixed the same issue... switch off fone / switch on fone... worked on my s5 anyway! good luck.
    10-12-2018 08:25 AM

Worked for me too, the SALATUK prayer app. JazakAllah khayr
    01-14-2019 04:11 PM
    One more app that is responsible for this clock icon: Calendar Notifications, which, in its Settings / Misc Settings / Use setAlarmClock for reminders warns that using the option results in the "side effect" of the "alarm" icon (the clock).
    03-01-2019 09:44 PM
    Hi all, having a strange issue; the alarm clock icon will not disappear from the status bar... Any other ideas?

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4
    If you use Good Lock, you can disable indicators no matter where they are coming from.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...larm-icon.html
    04-04-2019 10:18 AM
    For me, it was Super Fast Charger which I installed and then uninstalled, after which the alarm symbol just appeared.

Go into Settings, App info, look for an app which has Disabled next to it and remove the app.

Steve in England.
    07-17-2019 05:53 AM
    For me it was the dunkin donuts app (on a pixel 3). Only way to get rid of it was to reboot the phone or force close the app.
    09-28-2019 12:09 PM
    Same goes for the sleep timer on TuneIn.
    Same goes for the Alexa app. I never had Pandora installed, but had used other alarm apps in the play store. However, those have been uninstalled for a while now. I decided to check my Alexa app under Alarms and Reminders, sure enough, pausing the two daily alarms I had set removed the clock icon. Nice to know it's not a glitch with the stock alarm clock. I was going crazy until I found this thread. LOL! Thank you! 🙂 Hopefully this helps others... Check your smart speaker app for any alarms or reminders!
    08-16-2021 02:56 PM
36 12