Water damage indicator

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I purchased a supposedly brand new S4 (no contract) in December from my regular Kiosk in a mall (purchased over 20 devices from them never had problems) today I had to change my sim card and I noticed the sticker under the battery was missing like it was never there at all. When I first got the phone the 4 pieces of plastic that surrounds it 1 of them was missing but I didn't bother about it too much, but the absence of the water damage indicator bothers me because the phone never fell never got wet or had any damage well at least with me. It is made in Korea, any advice as to what I should do? Is it common for some devices not to have the water damage indicator? On the box next to GT-I9500 has UD does it mean anything in particular? Is it refurbished? TIA

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I purchased a supposedly brand new S4 (no contract) in December from my regular Kiosk in a mall (purchased over 20 devices from them never had problems) today I had to change my sim card and I noticed the sticker under the battery was missing like it was never there at all. When I first got the phone the 4 pieces of plastic that surrounds it 1 of them was missing but I didn't bother about it too much, but the absence of the water damage indicator bothers me because the phone never fell never got wet or had any damage well at least with me. It is made in Korea, any advice as to what I should do? Is it common for some devices not to have the water damage indicator? On the box next to GT-I9500 has UD does it mean anything in particular? Is it refurbished? TIA
When I was in the cell business there were multiple on the phones, On some of my old black berries i dont remember seeing any by the battery and an old moto flip phone i got rid of had one but it was under the micro sd card slot. And if you have not gotten it wet i would not worry about it. But if it had gotten wet and then you removed the sticker there would still be a pinkish residue that would be left behind

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
When I was in the cell business there were multiple on the phones, On some of my old black berries i dont remember seeing any by the battery and an old moto flip phone i got rid of had one but it was under the micro sd card slot. And if you have not gotten it wet i would not worry about it. But if it had gotten wet and then you removed the sticker there would still be a pinkish residue that would be left behind

There isn't any on the phone; none on the bottom of the battery, none just above the sdcard slot and well none behind the battery
Water Damage Stickers Indicators On Samsung Galaxy S4 - YouTube
I checked this video and all the stickers he mentioned barring the ones you find when you open it because I am not opening the phone all are missing