Playlist shortcuts

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you make the playlist shortcut widgets launch the stock music player instead of the Google Play Music Player?

Posted via Android Central App

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Using ES File explorer., you can, from a long press on a file, song or playlists, use commands like "open as" and choose the player with an option to "make default" tick-box, and "send to desktop" to create a shortcut to any song, video, playlist, folder or file. Default shortcut widgets are often only usable with one app, and not re-configurable, for some reason or other.

( I think it is because the shortcut widgets is actually part of an app, and when used, the command emanates from the said app, as opposed to being a system shortcut associated to a file type, where the system is what tells an app to open a given file, but that's merely an ill-informed hypothesis)

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not good at making this short, but I'll try, just because I know music storage and playlists is such a pain when it's not "working right"... Because my music is all WAVs, ripped as-is from real CDs, DVDs and Laserdiscs (Yeah, I'm that old...), and I did not, nor ever had, playlists for any of it, I've been using the system described in the 3rd paragraph for ages on PC, with the addition of playlists happening only in May of '13....

On my newest phone, the stock app is "Walkman". Sony really missed a chance at using the name's legendary connotations to make the phone appealing by supplying a great player, and put the name on a lame, basic player aimed at using their cloud content, with no playlist editor, and no folder browsing ability. If "Walkman" was used to launch a playlist, then it would "remember it" the music's location, but launching music from a file manager was impractical. Because I was already using an old school "directory based" system with a standardized file nomenclature, all I really needed was a playlist editor. I chose My Playlist maker.

"Old school" file management: All music files are arranged by folders. Folders are named using (Artist - Album title), and tracks use (Track #, Song title, Artist, Album). All saved to a master folder called "main audio folder". To each albums there's a folder. Personally assembled compilations are also in dedicated folders, and yes, this system requires having a number of duplicate files... Big deal... Storage is cheap. For the album art, I'm using JPGs of the album art called "Folder.jpg", saved to the relevant folders.

Playlists are stored in an independent folder, which only hold playlists, and nothing else. I use My Playlist maker to create playlists by pointing it to the music folder, the playlist storage folder and adding all the format extensions it has to parse (.Flac, Ape et al). When I change the music content, I just delete everything in the playlist folder, and re-create new ones, it takes a few seconds and makes it simple to keep everything synced.

audio storage.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo