stock Media Player Playlists... Can they be transfered from ICS to Jelly Bean?

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently went from a Galaxy SII running ICS 4.1.2 to the Galaxy S4 on 4.3, so I switched the 32GB MicroSD Card from one to the other keeping the Media folders intact (Music, Video, Ringtones, Podcasts, etc) no changes in content, order, formats, etc. So why wont the new phone recognize the song Platlists created on the Galaxy SII?

I copied the song Playlists from the GSII with the PC and pasted them on the Playlists foder on the GS4 device memory but the stock Media player won't recognize them, they just won't show on the stock media player! The playlists show on the Playlist folder on the folder tree within the phone, but when I try to open them the phone says "Unable to find application to perform this action".

Is there a way to do this?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently went from a Galaxy SII running ICS 4.1.2 to the Galaxy S4 on 4.3, so I switched the 32GB MicroSD Card from one to the other keeping the Media folders intact (Music, Video, Ringtones, Podcasts, etc) no changes in content, order, formats, etc. So why wont the new phone recognize the song Platlists created on the Galaxy SII?

I copied the song Playlists from the GSII with the PC and pasted them on the Playlists foder on the GS4 device memory but the stock Media player won't recognize them, they just won't show on the stock media player! The playlists show on the Playlist folder on the folder tree within the phone, but when I try to open them the phone says "Unable to find application to perform this action".

Is there a way to do this?

Try a different player. Poweramp is usually good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2