HELP S4 Settings - Capped Internet

africano

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I live in a country where the internet is a long way behind. This means that I have only got 15gb to use every month. I want to know if its possible to only access things like whatsapp, email etc when I open the apps on my phone and so that they are not always checking and receiving data. This kills my internet usage and the 15gb doesnt last me a month.

Does anyone know how to make it so that these apps only receive data (messages, email, etc) when you open the app?

Please and Thanks!

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings - Data usage - Mobile, click on the various apps using data, and check "Restrict background data" for each. Also, check the sync settings in Settings - My accounts for each account and for apps that are major data users so that sync will only occur manually when you want, not automatically.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
15 GB is a boatload of data usage. Many plans in the USA are capped at 5 GB and most find that satisfactory. You must have some very data intensive applications running all the time in order to achieve that much in one month.

africano

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, you must have misunderstood. I have 15GB total internet in my house. This means I only have 15gb data for everything, wireless internet, etc......So if my phone is receiving data from my wifi all the time it eats my internet!

Thanks for the other replies! will try and sort it!