So long Android, Again...

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I WANTED to make this work, I really did... I was all excited about the S4 being water resistant, great screen, the Smart Dock accessories... It all seemed great.

Then I found out, no 4.3. No Galaxy Gear. No communication on when things can be expected.

Sadly, I will be selling my S4 and all the fun toys I have bought... It might not be fair to Samsung, or Android, but I can't shake the fact there are still updates that need to be addressed, and nothing has been done about it.

Again, I might be wrong, I might be missing something, but from where I stand, all the hype has been just that.

iOS is FAR from perfect, but at least they are all in it together.

Maybe the S5 will be better...

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I WANTED to make this work, I really did... I was all excited about the S4 being water resistant, great screen, the Smart Dock accessories... It all seemed great.

Then I found out, no 4.3. No Galaxy Gear. No communication on when things can be expected.

Sadly, I will be selling my S4 and all the fun toys I have bought... It might not be fair to Samsung, or Android, but I can't shake the fact there are still updates that need to be addressed, and nothing has been done about it.

Again, I might be wrong, I might be missing something, but from where I stand, all the hype has been just that.

My Galaxy Gear works fine with my S4 on Verizon so I am not sure where you are getting your information.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Most people around the world with an S4 have 4.3 by now - maybe you should be angry at your carrier for not upgrading, rather than Samsung and Android.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Most people around the world with an S4 have 4.3 by now - maybe you should be angry at your carrier for not upgrading, rather than Samsung and Android.

That was one of the things I was upset about... With Android its always someone else's fault. Samsung should place pressure on the carrier, or vice versa.

Again, Apple isn't perfect, but if there is an update, everyone gets it, if there is something wrong, everyone is without. You don't have the "grass is greener on the other side" you get with Android.

I will keep trying, because there are features I really like, but I think they need to work on being on the same page.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

He has the S4 Active. Which is still on 4.2.2 I believe

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That was one of the things I was upset about... With Android its always someone else's fault. Samsung should place pressure on the carrier, or vice versa.

Again, Apple isn't perfect, but if there is an update, everyone gets it, if there is something wrong, everyone is without. You don't have the "grass is greener on the other side" you get with Android.

I will keep trying, because there are features I really like, but I think they need to work on being on the same page.

Samsung was a poor choice for Android. Lately they have been having lots of issues, if you want to see what Android is really like, get the Moto X or Nexus 5 :p

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Samsung was a poor choice for Android. Lately they have been having lots of issues, if you want to see what Android is really like, get the Moto X or Nexus 5 :p

Different strokes for different folks I guess, my note 3 has been a far better experience than my Nexus 5

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
He has the S4 Active. Which is still on 4.2.2 I believe

I missed that part. And I think he makes a good point about how the Android world tends to be somewhat disjointed between Google, the phone manufacturer, and the carrier.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't meant to start any kind of war, just needed to vent some frustration... It sucks that the hardware is soooooo close to being great, but the software can't keep up.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I missed that part. And I think he makes a good point about how the Android world tends to be somewhat disjointed between Google, the phone manufacturer, and the carrier.

That's the difference between closed and open systems. One's homogeneous and the other's heterogeneous.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That's the difference between closed and open systems. One's homogeneous and the other's heterogeneous.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

True!

Anyway, you should try the nexus 5 or the Moto X, I hear they're pretty good.

You could also get the regular GS4 which is already on 4.3 and get a waterproof case.
That's what my brother did and he couldn't be happier!
My bro got the Lifeproof Frē and has dropped the phone several times on concrete and in water, the result; his GS4 is fine and dandy!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. It's somewhat of a mess.
That's why I am sticking to the Nexus line or Moto X from now on...

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

That is the difference between apple and their one and only phone they hope will work for most peoples needs, and android, with many types to fit everyone's needs. my S4 has been working perfectly, I have not had any of the issues that seem to pop up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae