So long Android, Again...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I would recommend trying a different android device other than Samsung before giving up on Android completely. Pick up a Moto X or Nexus 5 and experience Vanilla Android. Its far better. Samsung, HTC, etc all out their own UI on their phones and I don't believe they do android any justice. Just my opinion though.

Anyway, good luck with Apple!

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

For the most part, those delays are caused by the manufacturers and carriers adding their custom touches. Some are useful and some are bloatware but either way those custom touches delay updates. Fortunately, people can vote with their wallets these days. Unfortunately for some, it means living with the choices they made for themselves.

Fact: If Apple allowed other manufacturers to sell devices with iOS, you'd have the EXACT same problem. Yes, when Apple releases updates, everyone gets it. And guess what, when *Google* releases updates, all of *Google's* devices get it. Other Android manufacturers, whether or not they decide to add their own UI or software or not, still have to get the software to run on their hardware, so naturally there is a delay.

If you want your Android experience to be similar to that of Apple's in terms of software support, buy a Nexus.

To the OP: I find the S4 to be a great phone, even with 4.2.2, but to each his own. Apple makes great phones, but I personally prefer Android. Hope what ever decision you make is the one that makes you happy.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to see that no one is hating on OP for moving back to apple. quite uncommon...
Have you tried rooting and custom roms? those are always fun :p

r p3

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Some of you amaze me, updates, updates, updates. That's all some people talk about, i just came from BB world so i guess i am accustomed to not getting updates. I just updated my beautiful moto X to 4.4 and honestly i dont see anything new, except that my quickoffice no longer works :(

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I am going to side load 4.3 tonight and see if it is better. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Some of you amaze me, updates, updates, updates. That's all some people talk about, i just came from BB world so i guess i am accustomed to not getting updates. I just updated my beautiful moto X to 4.4 and honestly i dont see anything new, except that my quickoffice no longer works :(

Most of the changes for 4.4 were under the hood. By the next major OS update there will most likely be huge changes

Posted via Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That was one of the things I was upset about... With Android its always someone else's fault. .

Well either Apple is bad enough that you felt you needed a change TWICE, or Android isn't as bad as you make it out to be. It's one or the other because the fact is, twice you weren't satisfied with Apple and tried to get away.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
He has the S4 Active. He has no support for the Gear or 4.3
I mentioned it a few times above...

You mentioned it, but he didn't. That's the difference. Pretty big piece of information to leave out by the OP whether or not someone else explains it after.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned it, but he didn't. That's the difference. Pretty big piece of information to leave out by the OP whether or not someone else explains it after.

He did leave it out but waterproof is what he said.

He either means he has the active or he was mislead by the actives advertising thinking it was for the S4 as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Or you mean carrier branded Samsung. The google editions stay up to date no problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Agreed. Only thing I don't like is that the camera isn't nearly as good with the AOSP camera ad it is with TouchWiz

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to see that no one is hating on OP for moving back to apple. quite uncommon...
Have you tried rooting and custom roms? those are always fun :p

Hating on someone is just unnecessary. I haven't seen much of it on the threads which is nice. Most of us will disagree with leaving the Android community. ;) But its the persons choice and what works for them, works for them.

Sent from the mother ship

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
That's good. Everyone should be happy with their phone, regardless of which one is better

I agree. I have many and im happy with all of them. I do not declare one better than the other. Its what works best for you at that particular moment and not what a review site lists as best for them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hating on someone is just unnecessary. I haven't seen much of it on the threads which is nice. Most of us will disagree with leaving the Android community. ;) But its the persons choice and what works for them, works for them.

Theres normally a lot of hate for people that move from android to apple. Most threads like these are eventually seen as "troll" posts by some. Their always like "Why bother make a post if your're going to bash my beloved android. You're a troll blahblahblahblahblah. Go back to apple you sheep." and vice versa. I honestly have no qualm with switching platforms, but i do have problems with people who make other android users look bad by saying the above^^ <---My Quote

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Theres normally a lot of hate for people that move from android to apple. Most threads like these are eventually seen as "troll" posts by some. Their always like "Why bother make a post if your're going to bash my beloved android. You're a troll blahblahblahblahblah. Go back to apple you sheep." and vice versa. I honestly have no qualm with switching platforms, but i do have problems with people who make other android users look bad by saying the above^^.

This post is a troll...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Theres normally a lot of hate for people that move from android to apple. Most threads like these are eventually seen as "troll" posts by some. Their always like "Why bother make a post if your're going to bash my beloved android. You're a troll blahblahblahblahblah. Go back to apple you sheep." and vice versa. I honestly have no qualm with switching platforms, but i do have problems with people who make other android users look bad by saying the above^^.

Hm, never did I say or try to make other android users look bad. I feel as if you didn't even read my post. I agree with the above poster.

You, sir. Are trolling.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hm, never did I say or try to make other android users look bad. I feel as if you didn't even read my post. I agree with the above poster.

You, sir. Are trolling.

I never even referred to you o_o. Im saying in general thats what MOST people say. I never said you. If you took those arrows from the bottom as a finger at you i'm sorry. Those arrows were referring to "MY" quote.