So long Android, Again...

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I never even referred to you o_o. Im saying in general thats what MOST people say. I never said you. If you took those arrows from the bottom as a finger at you i'm sorry. Those arrows were referring to "MY" quote.

When you quote someone else's post, that puts them to believe that you're talking about them.

Sent from the mother ship

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung was a poor choice for Android. Lately they have been having lots of issues, if you want to see what Android is really like, get the Moto X or Nexus 5 :p

Posted via Android Central App

I second the Moto X choice, although not the Nexus 5...just because of the relatively poorer battery.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
When you quote someone else's post, that puts them to believe that you're talking about them.

Sorry, but i figured that me quoting someone meant i was replying to them. Not talking about them. Either way sorry for the confusion if you thought i was berating you. I was just saying that most people take offense to someone switching platforms.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but i figured that me quoting someone meant i was replying to them. Not talking about them. Either way sorry for the confusion if you thought i was berating you. I was just saying that most people take offense to someone switching platforms.

No apology needed for you explained yourself. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Yes, many people get a lot of crap for switching platforms. I really don't see why people need to start a "I'm moving to so and so platform." I feel like it just gives opportunity to start bashing and hating and good ol' trolling. All of which is not needed.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I WANTED to make this work, I really did... I was all excited about the S4 being water resistant, great screen, the Smart Dock accessories... It all seemed great.

Then I found out, no 4.3. No Galaxy Gear. No communication on when things can be expected.

Sadly, I will be selling my S4 and all the fun toys I have bought... It might not be fair to Samsung, or Android, but I can't shake the fact there are still updates that need to be addressed, and nothing has been done about it.

Again, I might be wrong, I might be missing something, but from where I stand, all the hype has been just that.

iOS is FAR from perfect, but at least they are all in it together.

Maybe the S5 will be better...

Why give up on Android when you only experienced the most botched red headed step child of android that is touchwiz? The Nexus 5 and the moto x and moto g are cheap almost pure android devices. Give them a shot before giving up android.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Why give up on Android when you only experienced the most botched red headed step child of android that is touchwiz? The Nexus 5 and the moto x and moto g are cheap almost pure android devices. Give them a shot before giving up android.

And with the Moto X coming to the UK, it may make its way across to many nations as well, who knows. It's an exciting time to be an Android fan.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to see that no one is hating on OP for moving back to apple. quite uncommon...
Have you tried rooting and custom roms? those are always fun :p

The hate usually happening when Op or a poster starting to praise another OS and bashing Android. Like "mine is better than yours" attitude.

I found few members on android central who will just trolling whenever they see iphone thread. These trolls will only post on particular threads (especially when they can/have a chance to bash android).

After some members spotted them i rarely see those trolls anymore.

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Spoken like a true iPhone junkie, trashing the competition. I have the S4 with the 4.3 update and Gear. Nice try.

Judging by your ridiculous reply is it safe to say you are a Samsung junkie. He made some valid points. I think though, that Android as a platform gives you many options and there are other phones he could try that fits his needs. Maybe he is tired of trying.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I will say being an iPhone user for a long time. It always worked and has been great. The transition to Android has been painful on the s4 and thought many times was gonna Sell the s4 on Craigslist. Stuck with it through all its imperfections. I find it hard to believe that Android cannot figure out how to save battery life when the phone is asleep. On my IPhone I could charge it and take it off the charger and not pick it up for ten hours and still be at 100 percent while doing the same thing for the s4 and it's about 85 percent. And the music apps are awful on Android. They annihilate the battery while using the auxiliary cable. With an iPhone 3 hours of music in the car would be like 8 percent. On Android it's like 25 out 30 percent. Big difference. I still have my s4 and I am just stuck with some flaws of Android. I've tried the apps like poweramp, winamp, and a couple more to no difference. The s4 camera feels like it takes forever to open as well and when you turn to Landscape mode it should go immediately like the iPhone does. So I see why people love their I phones. I did love mine but I decided to try something new and it's been fun but also very tedious and times I wanted to throw the s4 out the window of the car. Just my take on using both devices.

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That IS one selling point of an apple...they are BUILT to be music machines. Android is getting better and better though!

I will say being an iPhone user for a long time. It always worked and has been great. The transition to Android has been painful on the s4 and thought many times was gonna Sell the s4 on Craigslist. Stuck with it through all its imperfections. I find it hard to believe that Android cannot figure out how to save battery life when the phone is asleep. On my IPhone I could charge it and take it off the charger and not pick it up for ten hours and still be at 100 percent while doing the same thing for the s4 and it's about 85 percent. And the music apps are awful on Android. They annihilate the battery while using the auxiliary cable. With an iPhone 3 hours of music in the car would be like 8 percent. On Android it's like 25 out 30 percent. Big difference. I still have my s4 and I am just stuck with some flaws of Android. I've tried the apps like poweramp, winamp, and a couple more to no difference. The s4 camera feels like it takes forever to open as well and when you turn to Landscape mode it should go immediately like the iPhone does. So I see why people love their I phones. I did love mine but I decided to try something new and it's been fun but also very tedious and times I wanted to throw the s4 out the window of the car. Just my take on using both devices.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Can you post some iPhone battery screenshots? I'm always interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you post some iPhone battery screenshots? I'm always interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

The iPhone doesn't keep battery stats like Android. Only tells you how long since the last charge cycle

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Whoops thought you meant the s4. I don't have my iPhone anymore I wish I did. I would use it as my music player if I did.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone doesn't keep battery stats like Android. Only tells you how long since the last charge cycle

One of the many benefits of Android. What is given up in one area is made up in another. Having made the switch from Android to iOS (and ultimately back again) I couldn't believe how restricted everything was. I felt like the phone was so locked down that all I was allowed to do was add and remove apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12