Are users still happy with their S4s?

Dougie321

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I used to love my Galaxy s4. Switched from an iPhone 4 to it and I adored it. But since the 4.3 update my phone is laggy as hell and I hate it. Haven't seen any messages from Samsung hurrying to fix this problem. Thousands of people are complaining about the 4.3 update causing problems with their phone and I'm confused as to why it hasn't been sorted promptly.

I mean you pay ?500 for a top of the range phone and you have to put up with it being laggy and slow. An absolute joke if you ask me.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I used to love my Galaxy s4. Switched from an iPhone 4 to it and I adored it. But since the 4.3 update my phone is laggy as hell and I hate it. Haven't seen any messages from Samsung hurrying to fix this problem. Thousands of people are complaining about the 4.3 update causing problems with their phone and I'm confused as to why it hasn't been sorted promptly.

I mean you pay ?500 for a top of the range phone and you have to put up with it being laggy and slow. An absolute joke if you ask me.

Have you tried a factory reset? The few people I know with the S4 on 4.3 saw an improvement in performance...

Posted via Android Central App

Stine Alvestad

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I loved the phone so much when I switched from a Iphone 4s last may.
But then the 4.3 update came and the phone is ******* useless!
Laggy as hell, don't respond like it should and ofcourse I can't use WIFI because it won't connect "unstable connection" my ***.
I would formate it however it won't connect to anything so I have no way of getting my pictures of the phone, this is important to me since I have used this phone as a camera to take pictures of myself and daughter.
I really cannot wait until may when I can buy a new phone and throw this ****.-.-

Stine Alvestad

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I loved the phone so much when I switched from a Iphone 4s last may.
But then the 4.3 update came and the phone is ******* useless!
Laggy as hell, don't respond like it should and ofcourse I can't use WIFI because it won't connect "unstable connection" my ***.
I would formate it however it won't connect to anything so I have no way of getting my pictures of the phone, this is important to me since I have used this phone as a camera to take pictures of myself and daughter.
I really cannot wait until may when I can buy a new phone and throw this ****.-.-

Oh and I'm pretty pissed off at it now..xD

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with my first S4. The fact the phone freezes occasionally while on a call, or how it would never switch from LTE to 4g in non LTE areas, or how the volume up/down buttons stopped working, or how it continually drops wifi. Needless to say, I went back to my N4.

dfogel72

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I am new to this and I saw this comment several timed..what do you mean you changed to browser/launched to Nova?

blanco112

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy s4 after first buying a Nexus 7. Having used the Nexus 7 I loved Android 's flexibility and openness. Unfortunately, it was not the same experience when I bought my galaxy s4. I didn't appreciate the bloatware. I also don't appreciate the locker bootloader and lack of custom recovery options. I also didn't think the physical home button would be so shoddy but I've replaced the phone once and this one is starting to loosen up as well. Despite all this the phone is snappy and fast, much faster than my Nexus, but I'm thinking of taking the T Mobile deal to get into a Nexus 5.

wilhelm pinto

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well there's no doubt that it is a great phone but developers need to have a better quality control system where apps are optimised to their fullest. Samsung comes in with their phones with superior hardware but the apps just aren't optimised well enough. I've had apps crash on me even to the point where a popular app such as youtube has crashed. Random phone freezes. Also bugs with the Facebook app. But other than that I'm quite happy with what I've got.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just checked back in on all the comments (I'm the OP). Really good stuff everyone. Of course now the GS5 is out and the new HTC and LG are on the way. An 32GB unlocked G2 is only $477 now on Negri Electronics. That's mighty close to a N5...

Touch Wiz scares me and I would prefer not to have to change my launcher (tried that on other phones and never loved it). From what I understand, though, Sammy lightened up its skin with the S5. I guess I need to go and fiddle with one in the store.

Thanks again everyone! AC commentors FTW! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair