The in call proximity sensor

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I was in a call when I minimised the dialler the proximity sensor stopped working (it had been working before). When I reopened the dialler, the screen still wouldn't shut off when near my face. Is this normal behaviour?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I was in a call when I minimised the dialler the proximity sensor stopped working (it had been working before). When I reopened the dialler, the screen still wouldn't shut off when near my face. Is this normal behaviour?

well, i don't think it is a normal behavior but sometimes stuff like this happens and if it occurs repeatedly you need to take some action on it.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
well, i don't think it is a normal behavior but sometimes stuff like this happens and if it occurs repeatedly you need to take some action on it.

I did a quick test and it seems the dialler is coded in some weird way. If you reopen it using recent apps it turns off the proximity sensor and it won't turn the screen off automatically. In fact it seems to open a new instance of the dialler. I'd you reopen through the notification tray then it takes you back to your call and the proximity sensor remains working

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I did a quick test and it seems the dialler is coded in some weird way. If you reopen it using recent apps it turns off the proximity sensor and it won't turn the screen off automatically. In fact it seems to open a new instance of the dialler. I'd you reopen through the notification tray then it takes you back to your call and the proximity sensor remains working

When did you can to know about this problem, i mean previously it was working find and after sometime ........ i have caught by the problem... If previously it was not their then i would suggest you to do factory reset in order to get out of this mess !

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
When did you can to know about this problem, i mean previously it was working find and after sometime ........ i have caught by the problem... If previously it was not their then i would suggest you to do factory reset in order to get out of this mess !

I only became aware of it yesterday. I don't use my phone for calls very often

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I also find that the proximity sensor sometimes fails to turn off the screen when I'm on a call. As a result I fairly often accidentally find myself looking at the World Clock when I'm done talking, or something else from the notification bar. It's a bit annoying, though so far I haven't accidentally changed any settings with my cheek. :) I haven't detected any particular conditions under which this happens, but I'll try to be more alert to how I've opened the phone app, for instance, or whether it happens more often on calls I make or calls I receive. There definitely is a problem of some kind, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781