Galaxy S4: charging paused. battery temperature too low

jangeez

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy s4 (19500) sometimes not charging and give this message: charging puased. Battery temperature too low. I replacment charger and usb port, but The issue not resolved. Can anyone has any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4: charging puased. battery temperature too low

Too low? Wow, either there is a problem with the battery or you live in Antarctica. Not to criticize, but you're sure it said too low, not too high? I may not be a battery expert, but I have never seen a situation where a rechargeable battery was too cold unless it was being tampered with.

If you didn't do anything to screw with the battery, and you keep getting that message, then you'll have to get a new battery. I highly doubt it's a software glitch, and replacement batteries aren't very expensive, so just make sure you're new one is a Samsung brand product... Batteries are not something you want from a generic manufacturer.

Also, you might try clearing your system cashe. I don't see how it would affect your battery but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try it. It's not difficult, but I'm not to clear on the exact buttons you have to hold, so just Google "Galaxy S4 clear system cashe". :)

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Hello. I have been building a couple gs4's I ran into this same issue with one. I ended up swapping out the USB charging board and seemed to be the issue. I put the board out of the phone that gave that message in a phone I know worked and got the same message. I will know for sure when I get the new board in and confirm this. I'll let you know. Could also be the battery. Start there.

jangeez

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Thank you FutureKix,
I tried some ways, as replacement usb charger, charger self, clean catch and data, factory rest. But the issue remain especially when temprature of battery fail to 4 C or lower. This lower temprature happen, when the device not use for about hour. This time I will replacement battery, my be useful.

jangeez

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Do you think battery is the issue? I don't think so, but I have to change it, because I tried all ways, just didnt try this option. Thankyou

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Is there any chance your battery is actually getting down to 4 C? Are you keeping your phone somewhere that cold? If so then my guess is that all phones will give that message. Li-ion batteries shouldn't be charged when they're below around 5C or above 45C or so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

jangeez

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you qarublador
My device not charging when I don't use it. I forced use it until charging complete.
I keep it in room that temprature is above 23 C.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Had a GS4 same error when tying to charge. I replaced this part. Which fixed it. Just thought I would share.

Attachments

• 20140127_220945.jpg
    20140127_220945.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20140127_220945.jpg
    20140127_220945.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 66

jangeez

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thankyou Cach 474, I changed it, before, but the issue remains. Just the issue late and less up come.

Teej1000

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem and I live in the tropics where it is usually in the 80's-90's everyday. I have bought an extra battery and it does the same exact thing. I can only charge the batteries on an external charger now.
No one knows what to do yet?

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for best idea and solution.
Maybe someone can help.

It's already been given. It appears to be to change the "USB charging board." It sounds like there must be some failure with the temperature sensing circuit on that board.

xtzee

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I've changed my board but still the same issue. It would have to be a sensor issue on the mainboard in this case :(.

samh10099

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi I had this problem with my phone but now I have figured out how to fix it. The thermistor ( which is located in the charging port) is faulty and reads a temperature to high or low hence then you can't charge the battery . There are two possible fixes to this problem

1. Replace charging part (costs around ?6.00 from ebay)

2. Buy a samsung extra battery kit so you can charge your battery and not get that annoying message.

Hope it helped

warmhp

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Samh 10099,
I could not find the thermistor on ebay. Could you please provide the url link to the eBay page?
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge