Windows 8 launchers?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I maybe I'm one of the last to get on board, but I'm really enjoying having THIS Windows 8 launcher.
Anyone else using an 8 launcher?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I will say it seems to use up a Battery pretty quick.
Any other 8 launcher easier on battery life?

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I used that app for about 4 months and LOVED IT. It was nice to have the tiles look with the android apps behind it. I didn't feel like it drained my battery any more than usual. Have fun with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting... Like what?
I don't always read all of them, but they alllllll seem too invasive to me.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

I can't remember now it's been many months, but there is one single thing about it that annoyed me to no end: it kept inserting a little android avatar into my contacts. You'd see it when the People tile was flipping. Nothing would get rid of it, and after uninstalled Launcher 8 it would stay, forcing me to do some advanced synced image wiping on my Google account using the PC.

Second red flag is the fact that this is one of those devs who pad their app rating using sleazy tactics. You know how to spot them? Their reviews look like this:

Good
Nice
Good
Good
Good
Nice
Good

Compare that to launchers like Nova where you see mostly real people giving reviews. When devs use sleaze tactics I feel their app security is questionable.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I used that app for about 4 months and LOVED IT. It was nice to have the tiles look with the android apps behind it. I didn't feel like it drained my battery any more than usual. Have fun with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Yea, I think it was my using it and playing with it. AFter using it for a few days now, it doesn't seem to use anymore battery than before. I like it a LOT. Few tweaks I wished were possible, for instance a shortcut to THIS forum, lol. But other than that, it's really cool. Oddly, I find it much easier to navigate scrolling UP rather than flipping pages side to side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy