another sd card issue

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks I've done a search until my head hurt.
here is my sit-rep.
on my 2 hour drive home i listened to a video play using the samsung video player.
Never gave it a thought set the phone down for the weekend unitl the drive back to apt. and ready for monday morning. to my sinking heart the sd card is not recognized and my grandkids vids and pics and the pics from our house build are now not accessible.

I have a partiot 32 gig micro card and has been fine until I played the video which is the only thing different from normal daily use. I have no access to a computer wiht a micro reader and 60 hour weeks leave little time to go shopping for computer parts when I'm a week bachelor and drive home on weekends.

so my question is can ATT store folks recover my files if I take my phone and portable hard drive and let them transfer the file on to the hard drive.

Then I can ask about the sd card. I've tried the paper trick and the USB debugging option and it just tells me to insert sd card. so it is not recognized at all.

now I'm sick of the thought of losing all those file.and yes I do back up my files but my last 4 months of 70 hour work weeks and moving into a new house backing up phone was far from my weary mind.

If you folks have any ideas I'm looking forward to seeing what I can try to get this phone to recognize the card.

Thanks and have a great week.

C-man

phone info:
kernal-3.4.0-1921628
build- JSS15J.1337UCUEMK2
ANDROID VER. 4.3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
so my question is can ATT store folks recover my files if I take my phone and portable hard drive and let them transfer the file on to the hard drive.

Frustrating situation. I have to imagine that AT&T can do this at one of their stores--the main question is if you'll find someone cool enough to do it for you if there isn't some official policy about it. I think it's worth asking--just call them up first (the local store, not the 800 number) and tell them the situation.

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep i do have a pretty good rapport with the folks at the local store so i will take a drive today and see if they are very busy or may have the time.

Thanks.....C-man....

megatec45

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my SSGS4 from ATT this past Thanksgiving. When I received it, I placed a New, Patriot 8gb,class 10 SD card in it. The phone worked fine until the week I attended CES. I had most of my APPs,music,ringtones, and all of my CES and other important photos placed on the SD card for a total of about 2.5gb.I noticed one morning that most of my APP icons were greyed out,and when I tried to launch them, the phone said application not installed.I checked my phone's storage and in the SD card section it said "insert SD card". I tried reinserting the card and did several reboots, but the phone would not see the SD card. I tried to read the card on my PC, but it wouldn't recognize the card. I lost all data on the SD card. Also, I tried to access Google Play Store(this APP was located on the devices memory) and could not. The phone gave me an error but I do not remember what it said. I was forced to do a factory reset and Download all of my Apps again.
I placed another New Patriot SD card, the same size* as the first one in the phone, but this time I didn't move any APPS to the SD card. All that was on the SD card was my music, ringtones and alarm sounds.There was less than 1gb used.
Yesterday, my alarm went off as usual, but the alarm tone defaulted to one of the preloaded sounds on the phone's memory instead of the sound I selected from my SD card. I checked the phones storage and in the SD section, it said to insert an SD card.The same thing happened again, I lost another SD card.This time everything else on the phone seems to be OK except for the SD card

Posted via Android Central App

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
You explained my phone symptoms to the "T"......I wonder if Patriot can do data recoveries?

I will ask them.

Now my question will be "is this a Samsung issue" Android issue or SD card issue. If one cannot use the card to hold data and apps then what's the point, right?
If Patriot is the issue then is there anyone that has a recommendation of a more reliable SD card?

I bought the Patriot based on excellent performance on wife's laptop and my desktop gamers choice not the value memory and have been very satisfied with few if ever BSOD wow....

Sorry to hear of your data loss. If you come across a solution I hope you will share as time and memory permits! lol......take care.....

Last edited:

Tyz

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't take this as gospel but I got a Samsung sd card 32gb an everything's been ok !
research on form class 6 cards or 10 but only reads & writes at class 6 speeds had a class 10 cheap make no joy at all !
Tyz

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't take this as gospel but I got a Samsung sd card 32gb an everything's been ok !
research on form class 6 cards or 10 but only reads & writes at class 6 speeds had a class 10 cheap make no joy at all !
Tyz

Thanks for your feedback I'll look into getting one from them and hope Patriot cna do a data recover....got pictures of 4 generations with great grand mom and kids sigh......