How can I organize music on my S4?

Taylork64

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I use the default "Music" app and it works great, but I have a bunch of music I transferred from iTunes and all the music is unorganized. In different albums and etc. I want to put songs in certain albums. Like I have lots of songs by the same artist, but the songs are everywhere. I want to put them all in ONE album and name the album by the artist. It's just all unorganized and I don't know how to organize it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Most music files use ID3 tags, which include info like album name, artist name, year, etc.--and most music players read ID3 tags, organizing music based on them.

If you want to customize the organization, you may want to consider a 3rd party music player that organizes based on folder hierarchy, rather than ID3 tag. A couple of good ones include PowerAmp and MortPlayer.

digdah

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat where I'm looking for a free piece of software that just works. The file naming thing just gets under my skin. Open to any other suggestions only because Mortplayer's EQ did not work and that is pretty important. Otherwise I would have been all over it.