Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

walesser

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I dropped it like 11-12 hours before. When I dropped it I IMMEDIATELY pulled it out, it was in like 1 sec or something... When I pulled it out it all worked well, I dried it with a towel and all. Sounds was OK, screen was OK, everything was perfect, as it was before I dropped it. But when I tried to open the camera 1 hour ago, it was very blurry... Both front and back cameras... So I took out the battery, sim and microSD card, and now I'm here.

Now what should I do? What's my best bet? I heard drying with a hoover (because hair dryers push the water inside, while hoovers pull it out), putting it into a white rice for 2-3 days... Are they work for cameras, or is my camera dead? Is it too late? :(

Can I have it repaired or something? My S4 is %100 original and yes, I do have guarantee. I heard that they were waterproof though...

Please help, any comment is appreciated.

note: I dropped into the toilet if that makes any difference, lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can try the rice for a few days but you should of done that right away.. The towel only dried the outside.

Any time a phone goes in water it should be shut down, battery and stuff taken out, and then let it sit in rice for 3 days or so.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And only the S4 "Active" is water "resistant". The normal S4 is not water anything.

Exze_S4

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I put a bb on rice for a few days and dried very well, if u ask me i think i do the same whit the s4 but try to remove not only the battery try to remove the case for a better drying. Or u can carefuly try to dry the lens whit a swab

Enviado desde mi Zapatofono GTi9500 con Tapatalk

walesser

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You can try the rice for a few days but you should of done that right away.. The towel only dried the outside.

Any time a phone goes in water it should be shut down, battery and stuff taken out, and then let it sit in rice for 3 days or so.

Thanks for the reply. You think it's too late now?

And only the S4 "Active" is water "resistant". The normal S4 is not water anything.

Everything is OK but the camera though...

I put a bb on rice for a few days and dried very well, if u ask me i think i do the same whit the s4 but try to remove not only the battery try to remove the case for a better drying. Or u can carefuly try to dry the lens whit a swab

Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to mess up my S4 any further man, does it work if I leave it with only the battery, sim and microSD is removed?

Exze_S4

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well u can try, but i think the plastic around the camera wont let the rice absorve all the remain water or humidity, look for any video on youtube that teaches you how disarm youre phone, i change the usb plate of a s2 that i have and the glass and no s2 was harm.. :)

sipirtz

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
i dropped mine into the toilet yesterday with all the' stuff ' in it. took it out rinsed it, towel dried it, the charger didn't work ( message displayed the usb port is connected but it wasn't, my kid suggested the rice method but i had no 48 hrs or so , and i switched my stove on and put my phone above it for 5x 1minutes and voila! its working good again. i have an otterbox for 100 bucks tho

lilmomma843

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my note 2 in the pool..I immediately snatched it out n took the phone apart..I put the pieces in a bag of rice for a day then put it back together. The screen is still black but the bottom lights work.. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Deb Gamespage

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine fell in a pond yesterday, and the camera was blurry too. I put it in a bag of rice overnight and it cleared it up. Everything works on mine now except the phone, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me, altho the speaker is working. I'm hoping another day in rice will help this!!

Inola Olds

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I dropped it like 11-12 hours before. When I dropped it I IMMEDIATELY pulled it out, it was in like 1 sec or something... When I pulled it out it all worked well, I dried it with a towel and all. Sounds was OK, screen was OK, everything was perfect, as it was before I dropped it. But when I tried to open the camera 1 hour ago, it was very blurry... Both front and back cameras... So I took out the battery, sim and microSD card, and now I'm here.

Now what should I do? What's my best bet? I heard drying with a hoover (because hair dryers push the water inside, while hoovers pull it out), putting it into a white rice for 2-3 days... Are they work for cameras, or is my camera dead? Is it too late? :(

Can I have it repaired or something? My S4 is %100 original and yes, I do have guarantee. I heard that they were waterproof though...

Mary Wright3

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar