Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I have an issue with my s4 and i can't seem to find the source. It happened to me twice already in the past 2 weeks: a couple of hours after i have fully charged my battery, being on idle and having previously closed all the apps, my phone just dies and i can't turn it on without plugging it in; and when i do it starts charging from 0%. I've had this phone for about 4 months and haven't experienced anything like this until now; has anybody had this problem as well or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thank you!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the issue, but I've seen other members here have it as well. It's likely a bad battery. You should be able to get a free replacement from your carrier or from Samsung if you explain to them what your issue is

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your help! I'm a little disappointed with this :( but I hope it's gonna be ok after I change the battery.

Charge fully and give it a few hours of use of the charger take a screen shot of the battery stats and let's see if anything is consuming battery that shouldn't be. If everything seems OK then it's definitely a battery issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I have an issue with my s4 and i can't seem to find the source. It happened to me twice already in the past 2 weeks: a couple of hours after i have fully charged my battery, being on idle and having previously closed all the apps, my phone just dies and i can't turn it on without plugging it in; and when i do it starts charging from 0%. I've had this phone for about 4 months and haven't experienced anything like this until now; has anybody had this problem as well or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thank you!

I tend to agree with UJ95x. Sounds like a bad battery.

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Charge fully and give it a few hours of use of the charger take a screen shot of the battery stats and let's see if anything is consuming battery that shouldn't be. If everything seems OK then it's definitely a battery issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

This is what it looks like, an hour after i've charged it, but it usually looks like this and it lasts for about a day and a half; i think there must be something else when the fast discharge happens because when i held it in my hand the battery was really hot
Screenshot_2014-01-30-19-32-37.jpg

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This is what it looks like, an hour after i've charged it, but it usually looks like this and it lasts for about a day and a half; i think there must be something else when the fast discharge happens because when i held it in my hand the battery was really hot
View attachment 102763

Yeah, definitely a bad battery. It gets hot for whatever reason and drains extremely quick. Happened to me a couple of weeks after I got my S4. I was trying to drain the battery as fast as possible so I had the screen on full brightness, tons of apps updating and running in the background and I had the flashlight on.
The phone was very warm and suddenly drained from 56% to 23% but it hasn't happened again since then

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, definitely a bad battery. It gets hot for whatever reason and drains extremely quick. Happened to me a couple of weeks after I got my S4. I was trying to drain the battery as fast as possible so I had the screen on full brightness, tons of apps updating and running in the background and I had the flashlight on.
The phone was very warm and suddenly drained from 56% to 23% but it hasn't happened again since then

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll check with my provider as soon as I can!

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I got it fixed; I've contacted Samsung and they've replaced my battery and it's working perfectly now. Doesn't crash any more and battery life is better than before.
Thanks a lot you guys!

Cheers