Galaxy S4: Home Wifi Issues!!!

SmashBox85

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a wifi router in my basement and a booster on the first floor in my house which puts out a 2.4G signal and a 5G signal. I was able to connect to the 5G wifi signal for a couple days. My ipad, other android and Xbox connect to the 5G but my S4 will not!! I get an authentication error or a not In range error. Yet I can connect to the actual wifi router itself. I was able to connect to another wifi network in another area of my neighborhood but not in my own house!! Help!!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Home Wifi Issues!!!

I currently have a wifi router in my basement and a booster on the first floor in my house which puts out a 2.4G signal and a 5G signal. I was able to connect to the 5G wifi signal for a couple days. My ipad, other android and Xbox connect to the 5G but my S4 will not!! I get an authentication error or a not In range error. Yet I can connect to the actual wifi router itself. I was able to connect to another wifi network in another area of my neighborhood but not in my own house!! Help!!

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to the forums.
Under WiFi, if you click menu>advanced you should see frequency settings. Have you changed those?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith