I NEED HELP- GS4 wont turn on and is continuously vibrating

Garrett_Clark

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I just drained the battery on my galaxy s 4 and when i plugged it back into the charger, it refused to turn back on and vibrates about every 4 seconds. I've already taken the battery out and held down every combination of buttons but nothing is working. the most i get is when i hold the power button the startup screen appears for a few seconds and then goes away. I desperately need help, and would be grateful for any advice. also if i leave it plugged in for a while a grey battery bar appears for a few moments but then goes away.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just drained the battery on my galaxy s 4 and when i plugged it back into the charger, it refused to turn back on and vibrates about every 4 seconds. I've already taken the battery out and held down every combination of buttons but nothing is working. the most i get is when i hold the power button the startup screen appears for a few seconds and then goes away. I desperately need help, and would be grateful for any advice. also if i leave it plugged in for a while a grey battery bar appears for a few moments but then goes away.

Welcome to the forums.
If you were to pull the battery for a few minutes, then reinsert, plug it in and not try to turn it on, what does it do?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Leave it plugged in to the Samsung provided charger overnight and see what happens. If you drained the battery to a super low point it might need to "wake up" for lack of a better term. Another potential solution would be to buy the desktop battery charger for ~$30 and charge the battery outside of the phone. That would be the last thing I would do, though. No need to spend money if you don't have to.

EmanPlayback

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same issue last night and it seems like the phone will not turn on because I took out the battery, placed it back inside and charged it over night and now it won't even vibrate and the grey battery bar does not appear. Let me know the outcome of your situation, cheers.

totosch

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem (after accidentaly sinking my phone for 10 min :-D). You can "force" the charge by connecting the phone to the computer via USB cable for few minutes and then charging the phone with the original Samsung charger. As I red, there is an known issue with the micro USB port on galaxy S4. I hope this method will work for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2