Change my apps in the dock bar?

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. I hope this isn't a stupid post! I can't seem to figure out how to change the apps down in the dock bar? I want to change the stock Internet app to Mozilla Firefox. I read somewhere that this option may have been removed in an update?

So far loving this phone (had it for about 5 days). I downloaded the Android Keypad which I love too

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the s4 but on most phones you hold your finger on the one you want to remove and after a second or two you can drag it up into the screen. You move a new one into place the same way... I'm guessing this is still how its done. Hope it helps

droid maxx

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks mate unfortunately that doesn't work. I try hold my finger on any of the dock bar apps and it doesn't do anything.

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I just ended up installing Nova Launcher which allows you to customise everything. Seems like a great app! Anything I need to watch out for about this app?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Place an icon for the desired app on your home screen, then just drag the app icon from your home screen down to the dock. It will replace the icon you drag it over, and the one you are replacing will move to your home screen. Hope this helps.

You cannot replace the app drawer icon in the last slot.

I used this method to put Chrome on my dock instead of the stock browser.

Posted via Android Central App

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
That would not work for me as when I hold an app to move the dock bar would disappear, so I could move the app to any window i wanted but not the dock bar