02-14-2014 06:54 AM
34 12
tools
    I've owned a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a S4 and have not had any problems with them at all. I must say that if I did not have an iPhone right now I would be using a Note 3.
    02-10-2014 01:59 PM
    I got the Tab 3 7.0 LTE and it has me leaning to the S4 Mini as a companion since they have the same SoC.

My two cents on the SD issue, *If you buy a Galaxy you get 50GB free Dropbox for two years.* That solves the lost photos, auto upload is supported and integrated on my device. And you can use the storage to share with friends, just send a link to the file or folder in question.

Great value there.
    02-10-2014 08:32 PM
    There are more Samsung phones sold than any other brand, by far, so you're going to see more complaints about them
    Nailed it.

Samsung's Android devices (esp the Galaxy line, but not limited to JUST that line) are popular. They make an Android device for every price-point and screen size you can think of, both phones and tablets. Simply because they sell such a vast number of devices means you'll see far more complaints about Samsung devices. If it were possible to have objective data from all Android device manufacturers, I'd be curious to see what the actual complaint rate would be. Base it on % of complaints actually directed to the company vs units sold. It seems Samsung has a larger number of complaints but that likely due to the vast number of devices out there. And I'm not talking a specific market (North America, Europe, Asia) but global numbers.

It would be the same if Ford (for example) had as many vehicles on the road compared to what Samsung does in the smartphone world. You'd see far more complaints about Fords simply because there are so many more of them. Doesn't make them any better or worse in actuality - if anything it just lets your know what common problems are for your specific model.

Then there's the mob-mentality to throw in. Samsung is the king of the hill in Android. Like it or not Sammy sells a TON of devices, but it's become popular to hate Samsung. Some users haven't used Samsung but hate it anyway - based on what they've heard and that it's cool to be anti-Samsung. So that might skew things as well.

For example "Argh.... my Galaxy Ace II is so crappy, I hate Android and TouchWiz, I'm going back to my iPhone 5s". Well of course - you're using an older, underpowered, entry level device compared to top end device from a very good hardware manufacturer (where the hardware and software are optimized for each other). It's like saying "Argh, my ten year old Geo Metro isn't as smooth and quiet and powerful as my Cadillac Escalade!" Duh - different cars build for different purposes and price points!
    garublador likes this.
    02-11-2014 08:18 AM
    This is my first Samsung phone. I've had the note 2 since Sept of 2013. Absolutely no problems with it, I was able to take my old sd card and put it in my new phone without an issue.

sent from my galaxy note 2
    02-11-2014 08:36 AM
    an SD card is the way to go. Go read how many threads people have complained on when their phone dies, they can't recover their photos, videos, etc.. Not sure what tinkering you mean. You put it in and it's there. If your phone ever dies, the SD card comes out and you are good to go, stored, safe, etc...
    Storing your stuff on your internal memory is just an accident waiting to happen
    ... But check out the massive thread about all of the SD card corruptions people have had on S4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you care about your data, BACK IT UP!. Whether you store your data on internal storage or an SD card, you can lose it unless you have it backed up to a computer, the cloud, or both.
    02-11-2014 08:51 AM
    ... But check out the massive thread about all of the SD card corruptions people have had on S4s.

This is like buying sony earphones and complaining about Apple because sony earphones got damaged after using them with iPhone.
    02-12-2014 09:51 AM
    Every phone has problems. I'm sure if iphone had a forum app like this they would have just as many, if not more. I switched to Android (Galaxy s4) after my iPhone and at first I didn't like it because I didn't know exactly how to use it but someone showed me all the features and I will never go back to iphone again.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-13-2014 01:31 PM
    I have to say that I love my S4. I use it all day, every day with no issues at all.
    02-13-2014 02:25 PM
    I wouldn't describe myself as a fan of Samsung devices but as I read through this forum it's crazy the amount of issues I'm hearing about. Samsung phones have a lot of great features but they are notorious for eating SD cards and for things like unexplained screen dimming and fragile screens. Am I wrong, or are they problematic.

I've had the Galaxy S2, S3 and S4 with no major issues. The SD card thing was WRT a bad batch by SanDisk, I also had a 32GB MicroSDHC go but got a replacement and it has been flawless.

I've been thoroughly happy with my GS4 Octa, I'm just waiting for the 4.4.2 KitKat update now.
    02-14-2014 06:54 AM
34 12