help with nova launcher

Ricky Hughes

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm tried installing nova launcher just to get an icon pack, if had no idea what I was doing or no idea that I had to root. I don't want to root and now I can't get this Touch wiz thing off my phone. How can I completely erase this nova stuff?

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!!

If you want to get rid of the app you can go into: Settings > Apps then go over to the Downloaded tab and scroll down to Nova. You can delete it from there.

You also mentioned you wanted to get rid of Touch Wiz? That can only be done by rooting.

brewer15650

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Nova launcher doesnt require root and touch wiz is the factory launcher. Ive been using nova launcher for over a year now and I am currently running a kitkat icon theme.

Ricky Hughes

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I'm kind of new to my galaxy s4 and I didn't realize touch wiz came pre installed. I panicked that I messed something up when every time I pressed the home button I would get something about TouchWiz Home. I never saw that before but now I know what it is. I'm still curious to use nova launcher but I'm a little bit nervous of messing my phone up.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I really want the Glo icon pack they look awesome. That's my entire reason for wanting nova launcher lol

Icon packs require a third party launcher. Main reason being stock ones don't allow that change. Get the free version of Nova and that will allow use of icon packs.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app