03-07-2014 10:56 AM
73 123
tools
    Samsung just started rolling out 4.4 update to Octa Core Version (i9500) to India and Russia but I don't see any signs of update still.......

Eagerly waiting for the update but I just want some feedback from people who updated their device.
    02-20-2014 08:30 AM
    I hate the new update i wanna go back to 4.3 the battery drain to fast the touch wiz still the same.now we could change stock sms or the hangout sms. I shouldnt never upgraded to 4.4 kitkat it not worth dl it nothing really change so im trying find away to change back to 4.3 jellybean. Everyone tell us how ur kitkat update?
    02-20-2014 01:29 PM
    I have to unroot first right?
    02-20-2014 02:12 PM
    I have to unroot first right?
    Yup. I wouldn't do it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    02-20-2014 02:32 PM
    Naw I'm gonna unroot.
    02-20-2014 03:15 PM
    I hate the new update i wanna go back to 4.3 the battery drain to fast the touch wiz still the same.now we could change stock sms or the hangout sms. I shouldnt never upgraded to 4.4 kitkat it not worth dl it nothing really change so im trying find away to change back to 4.3 jellybean. Everyone tell us how ur kitkat update?
    Which battery is bad ? usage battery or standby time ? or both ?

On 4.3 , standby was kinda bad compared to 4.2.x but my usage time remained same.So just wondering.
    02-20-2014 10:16 PM
    Flashed my GS4 I9500 Octa with the official Russian Android4.4.2 KitKat FW last night, running beautifully so far, plenty of free RAM, the UI is much faster and smoother and the phone seems to be generally running more efficiently.

ART has been left out, I'm guessing Samsung felt it would conflict with the TW apps? Anyway, so far so good, no issues with SD Card either.
    02-21-2014 05:44 AM
    I just did update. It left gaps all over my phone where it uninstalled several apps such as chase , weatherbug , battery pro and for me , who is from UK but lives in USA , it wiped UK specific apps that I can't get back such as sky news , sky sports football and stuff. I have backup pro , but when I try and see if I can get stuff back from Sd card - it says I/o error check there is space ( there is 16gb spare )

Posted via Android Central App
    02-21-2014 07:50 AM
    Got my update this morning. Haven't had much time to really delve into it, but no noticeable apps are missing. I have noticed the update triggered some apps to immediately update and that my home keys changed to the default ones rather than the ones I put there. No big deal there. Overall seems to run smoother and responds quicker. The egg was about what I expected...nothing special, but kinda cool. Will post more if I notice anything else worth mention. Posting screenshots of the egg.Has anyone received the KitKat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?-screenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-31.jpgHas anyone received the KitKat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?-screenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-39.jpgHas anyone received the KitKat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?-screenshot_2014-02-21-08-21-14.jpg
    02-21-2014 08:07 AM
    Oh and active wallpapers are missing from home screen setup option

02-21-2014 08:15 AM
    And now when you do search from home screen using menu key , it no longer finds apps on phone just Web searches

02-21-2014 09:21 AM
    I got my update I dislike it the battery go low fast but what only good about it is the sms your could change from stock sms to hang out sms. The touch wiz still the same. I wish I could change back to 4.3 jellybean.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    02-21-2014 05:43 PM
    I posted previously in this thread and just wanted to report back:
    I have noticed a few "new" bugs which seem to be back from 4.2.
    IMO 4.3 was the most stable update so far. 4.4.2 has introduced the old widget freeze bug from 4.2 which aggravates me to no end and the home screens seem to be a bit more laggy than in 4.3 (I have a feeling these two bugs are related somehow).
    I've also noticed my SD card is completely useless for downloading files, I can access it, copy, paste, delete, whatever, but I can't download anything to it. Which leads to my final bug...
    Lastly, a few of my apps (mainly 3rd party) seem to have trouble accessing both internal and SD storage. Apps can sometimes view the files but can't modify them. "My Files" and "Gallery" (non-third party apps) are working normally.

Again, nothing hugely problematic, just some bugs to take note of before you think about updating.
    I have no doubt we will see a bug fix update once the S5 is out.

02-21-2014 06:09 PM
    Nothing in Canada yet :-(

Posted from my SGH-I337M
    SAVAGE420 likes this.
    02-21-2014 06:54 PM
    I could not be more excited all the hype and waiting for Kit Kat to arrive got the update in Massachusetts today and after using it for 2 hours other than the battery icon being white instead of Android green what changed? Everything including speed, menus and so on seem the same to me. I don't get what all the post's with people so anxious to get this update is all about, if you have not got it yet I would not lose any sleep waiting.
    salutcemoi likes this.
    02-21-2014 07:19 PM
    I could not be more excited all the hype and waiting for Kit Kat to arrive got the update in Massachusetts today and after using it for 2 hours other than the battery icon being white instead of Android green what changed? Everything including speed, menus and so on seem the same to me. I don't get what all the post's with people so anxious to get this update is all about, if you have not got it yet I would not lose any sleep waiting.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I guess I can wait :-)

Posted from my SGH-I337M
    02-21-2014 10:31 PM
    I've also noticed my SD card is completely useless for downloading files, I can access it, copy, paste, delete, whatever, but I can't download anything to it. Which leads to my final bug...
    Lastly, a few of my apps (mainly 3rd party) seem to have trouble accessing both internal and SD storage. Apps can sometimes view the files but can't modify them. "My Files" and "Gallery" (non-third party apps) are working normally.

Again, nothing hugely problematic, just some bugs to take note of before you think about updating.
    I have no doubt we will see a bug fix update once the S5 is out.

It's not really a bug. This is a new design by Android when it comes to KitKat and 3rd party storage access. Right now the only way around it is to modify a system file to bring access back. There's a long thread on XDA about it.
    02-22-2014 12:50 AM
    Ima on Tmobile East Coast & nada yet

02-22-2014 06:00 AM
    Same here....on TMo in MA....no update yet. Just updated hubby's S3 to 4.3 and pics keep downloading to his notification tray. Delete them and they return. He won't let me check it out lol. Oh well. So far on my S4 updates have been okay. I hope 4.4 is too when it gets here.
    02-22-2014 05:33 PM
    Yep. Sprint, a couple days ago.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2014 05:34 PM
    Downloading Now From USCellular

**UPDATE**After a couple of days now, I agree with D.P.G. above. Big letdown. Don't notice any difference except white battery icon. Whoo Hoo
    02-23-2014 09:05 AM
    I got it. Didnt really notice any changes but the speed and battery icon

02-23-2014 09:21 AM
    Have any of you wiped your phone and reinstalled Kit Kat as a fresh install?
    Typically in older upgrades, that fixes some of the bugs with the new versions.
    On VZW. Nothing yet.

Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    02-23-2014 10:03 AM
    Got mine the other day, and no issues as of yet. As for new features there aren't many, but here are the ones I've found so far.

1. When on your home screen* or in Google Now, just say “Ok Google” to launch voice search, send a text, get directions or even play a song.
    2.Emoji, the colorful Japanese characters, now available on Google Keyboard.
    3. While listening to music on your device, or while projecting movies to Chromecast, you’ll see a full-screen album and movie art when your device is locked. You can play, pause, or seek to a specific moment.
    4. And the notification icons are now all white
    02-25-2014 02:48 PM
    Same here....on TMo in MA....no update yet. Just updated hubby's S3 to 4.3 and pics keep downloading to his notification tray. Delete them and they return. He won't let me check it out lol. Oh well. So far on my S4 updates have been okay. I hope 4.4 is too when it gets here.
    I have an S3 (work) and an S4 (personal) To clear out the download issue, pull down the shade and hold one of the downloads. When the App Info box pops up, click on it. It takes you to the download manager, clear the cache. Done

I have a notification that the update is ready for me on my S4 (US Cellular) but I don't have enough space on my phone yet to download it. I have an SD card, but I have one of the phones with the bad card slot and need to send it to Texas to get it fixed. Pain. I think I will make room for the update later tonight and install it. How do I get to the egg?
    02-25-2014 04:44 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD