Has anyone received the KitKat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

BrandonC

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Has anyone received the Kit Kat 4.4 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 yet?

I got it last night. I had to clear the data under google services framework and then do the check for samsung software update. This forced the update install.

Clearing the system framework I heard can really mess up your device is that true?

Posted via Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

If your answer is yes, you got the update, please include your provider in your note.

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I am with TMobile, nothing yet. Big surprise right. We may receive an update by the turn of the century.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Samsung just started rolling out 4.4 update to Octa Core Version (i9500) to India and Russia but I don't see any signs of update still.......

Eagerly waiting for the update but I just want some feedback from people who updated their device.

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I hate the new update i wanna go back to 4.3 the battery drain to fast the touch wiz still the same.now we could change stock sms or the hangout sms. I shouldnt never upgraded to 4.4 kitkat it not worth dl it nothing really change so im trying find away to change back to 4.3 jellybean. Everyone tell us how ur kitkat update?

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I hate the new update i wanna go back to 4.3 the battery drain to fast the touch wiz still the same.now we could change stock sms or the hangout sms. I shouldnt never upgraded to 4.4 kitkat it not worth dl it nothing really change so im trying find away to change back to 4.3 jellybean. Everyone tell us how ur kitkat update?

Which battery is bad ? usage battery or standby time ? or both ?

On 4.3 , standby was kinda bad compared to 4.2.x but my usage time remained same.So just wondering.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Flashed my GS4 I9500 Octa with the official Russian Android4.4.2 KitKat FW last night, running beautifully so far, plenty of free RAM, the UI is much faster and smoother and the phone seems to be generally running more efficiently.

ART has been left out, I'm guessing Samsung felt it would conflict with the TW apps? Anyway, so far so good, no issues with SD Card either. :)

Simon Oaks

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I just did update. It left gaps all over my phone where it uninstalled several apps such as chase , weatherbug , battery pro and for me , who is from UK but lives in USA , it wiped UK specific apps that I can't get back such as sky news , sky sports football and stuff. I have backup pro , but when I try and see if I can get stuff back from Sd card - it says I/o error check there is space ( there is 16gb spare )

Sierra1167

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Got my update this morning. Haven't had much time to really delve into it, but no noticeable apps are missing. I have noticed the update triggered some apps to immediately update and that my home keys changed to the default ones rather than the ones I put there. No big deal there. Overall seems to run smoother and responds quicker. The egg was about what I expected...nothing special, but kinda cool. Will post more if I notice anything else worth mention. Posting screenshots of the egg.Screenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-31.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-39.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-21-08-21-14.jpg

Simon Oaks

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Oh and active wallpapers are missing from home screen setup option

Simon Oaks

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

And now when you do search from home screen using menu key , it no longer finds apps on phone just Web searches

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I got my update I dislike it the battery go low fast but what only good about it is the sms your could change from stock sms to hang out sms. The touch wiz still the same. I wish I could change back to 4.3 jellybean.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

I posted previously in this thread and just wanted to report back:
I have noticed a few "new" bugs which seem to be back from 4.2.
IMO 4.3 was the most stable update so far. 4.4.2 has introduced the old widget freeze bug from 4.2 which aggravates me to no end and the home screens seem to be a bit more laggy than in 4.3 (I have a feeling these two bugs are related somehow).
I've also noticed my SD card is completely useless for downloading files, I can access it, copy, paste, delete, whatever, but I can't download anything to it. Which leads to my final bug...
Lastly, a few of my apps (mainly 3rd party) seem to have trouble accessing both internal and SD storage. Apps can sometimes view the files but can't modify them. "My Files" and "Gallery" (non-third party apps) are working normally.

Again, nothing hugely problematic, just some bugs to take note of before you think about updating.
I have no doubt we will see a bug fix update once the S5 is out.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I could not be more excited all the hype and waiting for Kit Kat to arrive got the update in Massachusetts today and after using it for 2 hours other than the battery icon being white instead of Android green what changed? Everything including speed, menus and so on seem the same to me. I don't get what all the post's with people so anxious to get this update is all about, if you have not got it yet I would not lose any sleep waiting.