s4 running slow

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I have a s4 with 2gb avalable memory. When I click on things it seems to be really slow. Even when im sliding accross to the next page on home screen.

Any help would be much appreciated

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

I have a s4 with 2gb avalable memory. When I click on things it seems to be really slow. Even when im sliding accross to the next page on home screen.

Any help would be much appreciated

Have you gone through the many other posts with how to increase the speed of your S4, such as disabling animations in Developer Mode?

Mattb777

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey you should clear all you cache. This happened to me and when i cleared my cache it was like new. You can download an app or from your phone off, hold down the home but and volume up and press the power button a. Couple times until vibrate. The go to clear cache partition. Dont worry it wont delete anything such as contacts.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing cache in recovery like mentioned above. I don't think the storage being full has any effect, unless you have junk files.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

User 1212

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
This happened to my S4 as well. Like most of the earlier posts I read, this occurred on Monday. I tried everything that was suggested in the posts-removed the SD card, un-synced a number of things, downloaded Wakelock Detector, and removed the battery for 30 minutes. Removing the battery helped a bit, but the next day, the battery was draining again. I started looking at what was slowest and the only thing I noted that was different from when the battery started draining - my email was taking a really long time to load. So, I deleted the email account on my phone. Then, on my laptop, I cleared out the deleted emails. Then I set up the email account on my phone, from scratch. I set it to retain only the emails for 2 weeks instead of 1 month (the default), and I have had no other issues with the battery draining. My emails load fast as lightning now and that little circle at the bottom of the screen doesn't turn endlessly. My email is not a gmail account, but it is "managed" by Google's gmail. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I hope this helps.

c308682

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The previous explanation is incomplete.

Do the following:
Turn off phone
Remove the battery and reinsert.
Hold down the Home and Volume Up keys
Press and hold the Power button while still holding the other keys.
As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all keys/buttons.
Press on the Volume Down to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition.
Press the Power button to select it.
Wait for a few minutes for the phone to clear the data.
Then press the Power button to select reboot system now.
Wait for your phone to reboot.

jpwilber

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
"Do the following:
Turn off phone
Remove the battery and reinsert.
Hold down the Home and Volume Up keys
Press and hold the Power button while still holding the other keys.
As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all keys/buttons.
Press on the Volume Down to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition.
Press the Power button to select it.
Wait for a few minutes for the phone to clear the data.
Then press the Power button to select reboot system now.
Wait for your phone to reboot."

This worked. Thank you!

Last edited: