Picture messaging to iPhone

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Most of my friends haven't gotten rid of their ****ty Iphones yet and so I've come across something when texting them that I hope you guys can help me fix. Not sure if it's on my end or theirs but when I send a picture via text to an iPhone user they can only see 2/3s of the picture. My friend has send me screen shots from her iPhone showing that her phone cuts off the bottom third of every pic I send her. Even tho my s4 shows me sending her the whole thing. Wish I could upload pics to show you what I mean. But I've never had this issue with any other phone. So please help

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: picture messaging to iphone

Welcome to Android Central :)
You can upload screenshots with Tapatalk, the AC Forums app (Not the same as the one you're on) or the desktop website
That is very strange, is it happening with more than one person?

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

OK downloaded this app and then had to figure out my password since I logged on with google+ on the other app and that's not an option here. What a headache. Here's some screen shots. She says when she clicks on pic to open full screen she gets same view as mini view ie bottom of pic is cut off. Yes I'm blue balls on her phone...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 2014-02-21 22.46.13.jpg
    2014-02-21 22.46.13.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2014-02-21-22-20-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-22-20-22.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK downloaded this app and then had to figure out my password since I logged on with google+ on the other app and that's not an option here. What a headache. Here's some screen shots. She says when she clicks on pic to open full screen she gets same view as mini view ie bottom of pic is cut off. Yes I'm blue balls on her phone...

Are you sure she's just not tapping on the picture to open it?
Also, you probably don't want her number showing in the second picture :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

OK jesus that gave me a heart attack thanks for letting me know about the number thing. Had to log on the full site to remove the pics. And according to her it shows the same exact thing when she clicks it and opens it full screen. But I sent a pic to another friend with an iPhone and it didn't cut anything off so I guess it's just her. Weird. Thanks anyways for replies!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK jesus that gave me a heart attack thanks for letting me know about the number thing. Had to log on the full site to remove the pics. And according to her it shows the same exact thing when she clicks it and opens it full screen. But I sent a pic to another friend with an iPhone and it didn't cut anything off so I guess it's just her. Weird. Thanks anyways for replies!

That is weird. Sorry we couldn't figure it out :-\

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Oh one other thing. My cursor seems to jump around a lot when I'm typing. Ie I will be typing a message like this one when all of a sudden the cursor moves on the screen so I end up typing in the middle of a word higher up in the message. Pisses me off. I have to delete letters and then touch screen back to where it should be typing. Any idea about what I can do for that?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Oh one other thing. My cursor seems to jump around a lot when I'm typing. Ie I will be typing a message like this one when all of a sudden the cursor moves on the screen so I end up typing in the middle of a word higher up in the message. Pisses me off. I have to delete letters and then touch screen back to where it should be typing. Any idea about what I can do for that?

This is on your phone right? You might be accidentally tapping elsewhere on the screen. Shouldn't be happening otherwise

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Nope I know I'm not tapping the phone anywhere. Typing with one Finger and phone is laying flat. I had the option on For increased sensitivity for typing with gloves on thinking that might be causing it but turned it off and it's still happening. Happened twice typing that

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Nope I know I'm not tapping the phone anywhere. Typing with one Finger and phone is laying flat. I had the option on For increased sensitivity for typing with gloves on thinking that might be causing it but turned it off and it's still happening. Happened twice typing that

Hmm, that shouldn't be happening. Let me see if I can recruit some help

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

OK sent the same pic to another friend with an iPhone and the same thing is happening. Pic gets cut off. But only if it takes up my whole screen is it cut off of theirs. Here's screen shots.

Attachments

• 2014-02-21 23.06.25.jpg
    2014-02-21 23.06.25.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 9
  • 2014-02-21 23.05.46.jpg
    2014-02-21 23.05.46.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 2014-02-21 23.05.17.jpg
    2014-02-21 23.05.17.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 9

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK sent the same pic to another friend with an iPhone and the same thing is happening. Pic gets cut off. But only if it takes up my whole screen is it cut off of theirs. Here's screen shots.

Hers show the whole picture when she taps on it though. I don't own an iPhone but I would imagine the thumbnail is supposed to be a preview and tapping on it is when you see the whole thing

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Nope if you see last screen shot that's what she see when she taps to open it whole screen. She's missing the bottom third of pic. It should say like comment share under it cause it was a screenshot from fb

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Nope if you see last screen shot that's what she see when she taps to open it whole screen. She's missing the bottom third of pic. It should say like comment share under it cause it was a screenshot from fb

Not sure then. Just tried sending a screenshot to someone with an iPhone and they were able to see all of it :confused:

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm wondering if it's cause they have crappy iPhone 4 and 4s. They said it happens from other ppl with androids too. All different types. You think their phones would just shrink pic to fit but it seems like that isn't happening

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm wondering if it's cause they have crappy iPhone 4 and 4s. They said it happens from other ppl with androids too. All different types. You think their phones would just shrink pic to fit but it seems like that isn't happening

Could be that. I sent it to an iPhone 5 and it worked fine. Will try an iPhone 4S in a bit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670