Samsung Galaxy S4 battery drain

Zdot7

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
The battery life on my current SGS4 isn't very good. I put it on charge before bed then wake up in the morning to find it at 85%. Furthermore, my phone battery is just overall draining. Around 1-2% of battery is draining every second. My brothers got a note 3 and the battery life on that is FANTASTIC. 20 hours straight and it's still only on 85%. Here's a pic of my battery usage-

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy S4 battery drain

Likely a bad battery. Try a new one, suspect you will be OK. My battery lasts all day.

ryan3067

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same issue. I have deleted all apps I dont use and this is still occuring. Today I went to work with a fully charged battery and by 5pm it was under 30%. When I went into the battery screen it was showing the screen as 77% battery usage even with all the fancy options turned off and the brightness turned right down. I also downloaded wakelock detector and that was showing wakeup triggers of facebook 42 times and exchange services 32 times. Can anyone help?

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Try uninstalling apps that you don't really need, like i don't use facebook and twitter that much, so i route these through Flipboard as that is bloatwarwe on my phone, so i may as well use it to its max. Use the stock email app rather than Outlook/Yahoo Mail etc. Disable other bloatware? Install a battery saver? the free Go Power Master seems to be ok for me, at least for turning off data while the phone is idle, this is where i seem to lose a lot of battery otherwise.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I find most smart phones to have very different battery life all depends on the user. I get pretty good life from mine almost 10 hours of heavy use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Zdot7

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know whether iphone 5s would have a better battery life when moderately using apps such as youtube, Instagram, Internet etc. with mobile data turned on and bluetooth and wifi turned off?

Zdot7

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
in other words, is the iPhone 5s battery life better than the SGS4's battery? or worse?

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The battery life on my current SGS4 isn't very good. I put it on charge before bed then wake up in the morning to find it at 85%. Furthermore, my phone battery is just overall draining. Around 1-2% of battery is draining every second. My brothers got a note 3 and the battery life on that is FANTASTIC. 20 hours straight and it's still only on 85%. Here's a pic of my battery usage-

Did you try turning off location reporting that drains a lot of the battery?

jobega

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I use an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4, and the iPhone at the end of the day still have 50% of charge, but the S4 at 3PM does not have battery, and I have to replace it, It's very annoying because the galaxy has a bigger battery and the use is the same.

worktorest

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I use an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4, and the iPhone at the end of the day still have 50% of charge, but the S4 at 3PM does not have battery, and I have to replace it, It's very annoying because the galaxy has a bigger battery and the use is the same.

Well the S4 has a better screen resolution so it'll drain much faster than iphone. And the processor also. Just get some spare batteries and that will do it.

Norman Farrimond

May 6, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't need to purchase spare batteries as they should be made with the product source in mind, would you buy a computer with a poor power supply for the specification that is built in it?

Last edited:

sgs4user

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
data connection drains battery like mad,

try turning off data connection and using wifi where possible and this will extend battery life. plus turn off non essential programs which may be running in the background, use energy saving on screen display as this takes up the most power.

you have to be on top of this phone and watch it as even if the mdc is switched off the phone will use it to download updates etc and if this doesnt go right the phone heats up (gets really hot and will kill sd card) and battery will drain in an hour this can also happen with some games and apps so beware.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you tried it yet I had the same problem for some reason something was draining my phone the android system was hovering around 50%. I was getting really frustrated. So I ended up backing up all my stuff and wiped the phone now the battery is amazing! i charged it last night from this morning i'm still on 90% and almost the end of my work day with bluetooth and wifi on wow!

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I've always been disappointed with the battery life of the s4. I recently purchased an anker 5200 battery and have used it for 3 days. The picture shows my average daily usage. I would like more but will z accept this for now. I took off charge at 5am

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-19-21-03-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-21-03-28.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 34

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
lol nice I got anker 7800mah it's crazy sick!

I've always been disappointed with the battery life of the s4. I recently purchased an anker 5200 battery and have used it for 3 days. The picture shows my average daily usage. I would like more but will z accept this for now. I took off charge at 5am

BigRoger

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
If you're power drain has suddenly appeared, try removing the SD card. Sounds crazy, but it was my last hope and it worked.

My phone has done well. 12-16 hour days with lots of use, no problem.

Two days ago, phone was noticeably hot and battery drain was very high.....probably would have made it about 3 hours.

I tried turning off apps, bluettoth, GPS, wifi, etc. No improvement. Pulled out the SD card and it's back to be being nice and cool.

My first two SD cards in this phone died after a couple weeks each. The last one is a Samsung card...and I've decided just to live with the on board storage. The S4 clearly doesn't handle SD cards very well.

RR