Samsung S4 Streaming Music Issue

j_brew81

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I am brand new to the forum. I have a Samsung S4 with Sprint as my carrier. I am having a tedious issue regarding streaming music pausing. For the apps downloaded from the google play store called "Mix.Hip Hop" and "My Mixtapez" they both have the same exact issue where for every song it pauses for the first 10 seconds of the song no matter what. The song will pause for the first 10 seconds whether i have a Wifi connection or a 3G or 4G connection.

So the underlying question is this issue app specific or something Samsung S4 settings/update specific. Any information/feedback provided would be helpful. So i can determine if this is a simple fix that lies withing my phone settings or something else.

THANKS ALL

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert on those applications so let's clarify one thing to help someone who may know. Does this happen when using any other streaming such as Pandora or Google Music?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I am inclined to agree with Eclipse. I have Sprint, and if my connection speed is not good enough, Google Play won't stream, but Pandora can.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

j_brew81

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I just downloaded Pandora. Same exact issue with Pandora as well. Also same issue Sound Cloud which is a popular app. Music pauses non stop for the first 10 seconds or so and plays flawlessly through the rest of song. Didn't think it was a buffering issue because on some apps you can see the bar with the song buffer process half full yet it stills pauses those first 10 seconds.

j_brew81

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Got home and re-tried my Wifi and also ran a speed test. And have no figured out the issue. Issue is the download speed is super slow when in a room away from router. Download speed on 1.5 mbps. But when in same room as router it goes to 7 mbps and works fine. I have a basic Netgear N6000 wireless dual band router. So thanks so much for your repsonses and last question. What is the best way to increase speed on my existing wifi router? I m thinking of purchasing a wifi extender/repeater...Any brands to stay away from for those or brands highly recomennded?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got home and re-tried my Wifi and also ran a speed test. And have no figured out the issue. Issue is the download speed is super slow when in a room away from router. Download speed on 1.5 mbps. But when in same room as router it goes to 7 mbps and works fine. I have a basic Netgear N6000 wireless dual band router. So thanks so much for your repsonses and last question. What is the best way to increase speed on my existing wifi router? I m thinking of purchasing a wifi extender/repeater...Any brands to stay away from for those or brands highly recomennded?

Sorry for the delay, busy at work. Do you have an easier time connected to your router than mobile?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

What brand router do you have? Example; Asus, Cisco, Netgear or Dlink.

What internet provider do you use?
Example; Comcast, ATT.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

j_brew81

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have an easier time connected to router as opposed to regular smartphone internet. As i have sprint(CRAP!) and there are still rolling out 4GLTE slowly in Pittsburgh about a handful of areas that have it and there 3G is so slow its absurd. I did a little more looking into last night. Another issue was i had one too many devices like my laptop and smart tv turned on that really slowed down my smartphone wifi connection.

j_brew81

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello My Brand router is a Netgear. I regular mid range model N600 i think and my interent provider is Comcast in Pittsburgh PA.... My streaming issue seems to be resolved and got drastically better by enabling a WWD setting i believe on my router settings and by disconnecting a few devices connected to my router at the time i forgot i had my Laptop and bedrom smart tv both connected to wifi router. Once disconnected those and changing the setting the download speed at least tripled and the pausing streaming went away. THANK ALL again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63