06-13-2018 01:16 PM
56 123
tools
    maybe it had something to do with my sim card going bad also. I just lost 7GB of pics and video, mostly of my 2 yr old daughter. Card is coming up damaged on phone and it is telling me to format. might as well now. tried to get pics off through PC also. No good. darn. My own fault. I noticed it's been having problems for the past year or so. Its from my previous droid. It must be about 3.5 yrs old now.
    My phone is currently doing the exact same thing. My sim card was "unreadable" and got worse and worse.. now my sim card is readable and has stopped. But just the other day my phone started dying extremely quick. I had to charge it twice from dead today and I've only sent a couple text messages. What was your solution?
    06-03-2016 01:31 AM
    Ok, I know this is probably the most common newbie question, but i'm not a newbie, and I've checked most obvious reasons, but My Samsung galaxy S4, 4 months old, never let battery completely die, no apps running, minimal screen time (2min max today so far) is draining the battery way more quickly than usual. Took phone off charger at 7am, now its 10am and battery is at 75% and I have not used anything on my phone. Again, no apps running today. I have only lit up the screen for seconds at a time to check the battery life percentage. Up until 3 days ago it would never do this. Battery usage indicates the majority of battery is being used by "Device Idle" 35%, and "Android OS" 17%. Since I have not even used my phone today, the screen used less than 5% so far. ???? Also, I am connected to WiFi with excellent signal, same as always, as well as good 4G signal, as always. WHy the sudden change in battery drainage? This started Monday, and I haven't downloaded anything in about a month. Rebooted, no change. Pulled Battery, no change. Advice? I am beginning to think this is a conspiracy. ha. thanks in advance.
    06-06-2016 09:43 PM
    I have a S4 did everything possible , everyone says battery, reset , stop services , yet nothing works . Phone was sucking 30% of battery before re-set (Which I lost all my contact info and everything due to a total factory reset ) and all the other non-fixes . after the reset and stopping auto downloads and running apps , Still screen is at 60% usage even when idol .

Another issue and its a ******* big one since the reset I haven't downloaded anything yet 150mb's was used , and for what ? I stopped all updates , so what's using up all my internet ? another issue try making calls and I have to try 4 times before the call goes through ( don't say dead zone I am not an ***** ) , and during that time my battery goes for 50% down to 12% in a matter of 1 min just trying to make one call .

screen setting is at lowest settings .

Everyone says battery , sim , card , screen settings , and running apps .
    Non of them is the issue , did every fix suggested "WHEN I SAY EVERYTHING I MEAN EVERYTHING OK " ( SCREAMING THIS NOT YELLING ) .

My phone is getting so fing hot I am close to burring my hand even while idol . Only thing I can do is shut it off completely , but as soon as its turned on battery drains about 10% every 2 mins .

Samsung has a hidden app set on a timer that uses the battery to over heat the circuitry in order to fry the phone so people are forced to by a new one every 2 years after the warranty expires ( o but its not malware because its a Samsung app were not suppose to know about )

I had my old cell phone for 10 years ran as good as new , would of kept it but it ran on rogers so I couldn't put a Virgin SIM card in it , other wise I would not of bought the S4 ( yup just another way corporations insure people spend money they shouldn't .

Sure the S4 was great 2 years ago , I am told I have no choice but to shell out 700cnd for a new phone ( FYI an official unnamed source said these fones are set up to self destruct after so many hours of usage , and the only way to prevent this is get Samsung to tell you how to stop the process I am calling you out Samsung prove the info I received that one of your own tech's gave me is wrong ) . The only logical issue that the phones can have is a self destruct timer that uses the battery to fry the phone that only Samsung can deactivate .

If your Tech ( who I wont name as that was our deal ) was lying prove it , if not tell use how to deactivate this self destructing process ( I call it malware ).

We will insure the public is aware of this , its in our mandate to reveal to the public misdealing's of corporation's

"We are one , We are many , We are like shadows in the night , We are Legion "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    09-13-2016 12:42 PM
    I have also had the same problem, checked usages and noticed Weather Channel app using most. Seems the app had become compromised and the phone was trying to open it. Power usage was huge and rapid! Deleted app, problem solved.
    05-17-2017 11:34 AM
    Could the Weather Channel app be disabled (or even removed) without root?
    My wife's phone (S4+) has started draining so excessively, I don't know what to do.
    Even ordered a cheap Chinese replacement battery, no significant improvement though.
    01-21-2018 05:04 AM
    Hi! Recently my phones battery has been draining so bad. I tried turning of battery consuming apps and features on this phone but, the problem is still there. Tried to check on the setting what's consuming the battery but whenever i open the battery settings, the settings app force close. How do I solve this?
    06-13-2018 01:16 PM
56 123