Galaxy S4: Why does my System Status say "Custom"?

Mobilation

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey, so, a few months ago I bought my Galaxy S4 completely new from my local service provider. It has been completely fine up until now, but now it won't search for updates. When I try and check for an update, it just says "Your device has been modified, no updates available.", so, naturally I would go and check to see what the problem is because I have been excited for KitKat 4.4.2 and I would really like to not miss out on it, but now I am not sure that I will be able to get it. I looked this up on the internet, and it just told me to restart my phone without the SD card, but that didn't work either. When I checked my System Status it said "Custom". I am not ROOTed, and my KNOX counter and and warranty void are both at 0x0, although I do not know how to check my binary counter. If you know how this can be fixed (Without ROOTing, please, I would rather not take the chance in losing my warranty too.) I would extremely appreciate any and all advice that you have!

davy4475

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the playstore called 'root checker' download that just to make sure your not rooted and also do you have super su installed by any chance?

Posted via Android Central App

hpmini2009

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Galaxy S4 Active I would suggest not doing the KitKat update. I did, and my phone stopped functioning. When I called AT&T they told me to take it to a store the works on that type of phone. AT&T tech said the update was causing various issues with Samsung Galaxy S4 Actives. I did a factory reset and at least it is working.

Hey, so, a few months ago I bought my Galaxy S4 completely new from my local service provider. It has been completely fine up until now, but now it won't search for updates. When I try and check for an update, it just says "Your device has been modified, no updates available.", so, naturally I would go and check to see what the problem is because I have been excited for KitKat 4.4.2 and I would really like to not miss out on it, but now I am not sure that I will be able to get it. I looked this up on the internet, and it just told me to restart my phone without the SD card, but that didn't work either. When I checked my System Status it said "Custom". I am not ROOTed, and my KNOX counter and and warranty void are both at 0x0, although I do not know how to check my binary counter. If you know how this can be fixed (Without ROOTing, please, I would rather not take the chance in losing my warranty too.) I would extremely appreciate any and all advice that you have!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui