Galaxy S4: My feedback for 4.4.x update

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Quick shortcut for you.....

If you use 2 fingers to drag down the notification panel, it will bring up ALL the icons, rather than having to go to settings first.

Tell me your mind is not blown right now!!! :)

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Quick shortcut for you.....

If you use 2 fingers to drag down the notification panel, it will bring up ALL the icons, rather than having to go to settings first.

Tell me your mind is not blown right now!!! :)

Yeah, it's been like that for a while.
Nice little feature , that's for sure.

Sent from my shed.

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it sucks.... Just looked at friends and families phones and they're the same thing.

Even a Buncha people's phones are like that on here as well.
There was a thread about it in here after the 4.3 update, lots of people said the same thing.
Not sure why.

Sent from my shed.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Right here. It used to be to the left of the wifi button back with 4.2. It was taken away with 4.3 and still gone with 4.4.2 .
It's not that big of a deal, but it was really handy and quick to be able to just pull down the notification menu and click it on or off as needed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/ubusy7ep.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/uzumyga8.jpg

Like I said above it was just nice and quick like that, but from 4.3 on, you have to pull down the notification menu, click settings, click data usage and turn it on or off in there with the check mark.
Like this screen shot I just took as well.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/ade2aqyr.jpg

Doing stuff faster is how I liked it. Oh well I've learned to live with it like this, not a huge deal, just annoying that we can't customize to our liking. Can't please us all I guess.

But other then that, so far so good, I didn't like 4.3 much at all. This 4.4.2 is WAY more smooth and quicker doing stuff. All around as of now I like it alot better than previous updates.

No problems with my SD card functions as well. (64gig class 10)

Not sure as of now, the battery life compared to before is better, worse or the same, only time will tell me that I guess. But seems fine so far.

Also freed up a half gig of space or more on the phone as well. Not bad not bad...... :)

Hope that helped.

Sent from my shed.

My mobile data toggle it's still here

Edit: With Tesco, but as far as I know they don't alter the updates in any way

Posted via Android Central App

sanyka78

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Also, some battery stat. apps (wakelock detector, better battery stats) no longer work on unrooted kit kat, due to permission change.

Mark Rider2

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on ee in uk
Can't see any div apart from the arrows on data are white and nit coloured.
Was there ment to be a lot if changes. It's a standard s4 not rooted.
It did remove all my apps from all my screens but didn't delete them so just had to add them to the pages agsin

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty