Galaxy S4: stock Downloads App not showing downloads

dannyc116

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I know it isn't an app, and it just points to a directory. It points to /storage/sdcard0/downloads. I set my aqua mail to download to that exact location, but after i download a .jpg (or any file) then open the Downloads app it says "No downloads".

Yes the Downloads app used to work, but I have no idea how I made it not work. I figure I just have the directory wrong somehow.
I have tried to go to settings>more>application manager>all>downloads, then clear cash, clear data, force stop, then restart phone.
I tried deleting the folder and changing Downloads to downloads then to download then Download.
I also already know that I can use the file viewer to access the files, but I want to just use the app because I have my home screen set to swipe left and it opens Downloads then I can see my downloaded work schedule. Simple.

Anyways thank you for any help in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 stock Downloads App not showing downloads

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think that using the Downloads "app" to see downloaded files will only work for files that are downloaded via the Download Manager--i.e., files that the system downloads (whew, I don't think I've ever typed the word "download" that many times in a single sentence!). If you're using a 3rd party app to download directly to the Download folder, it's not using the Download Manager, and therefore the Download "app" won't see the downloaded file listed there.

Download download downloading download downloads ... (sorry, can't control myself now :confused:)

dannyc116

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: S4 stock Downloads App not showing downloads

Thank you B. Diddy, I just used the Gmail app that came with my s4 to download a photo of my work schedule and it shows up in the downloads app. Solves the problem to my needs.

Thank again.