Galaxy S4: 4.4.2 missing apps

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I updated to Kit Kat and a couple of apps are missing. No idea what they were, but there are empty gaps where they were o_O

EDIT: Unless I deleted them before and have only just noticed

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4.4.2 missing apps

Are you talking about gaps in the App Manager/Drawer, or on the Homescreen?

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

The home screen. The app drawer is as it should be, no gaps until the last app has been listed. I checked Play Store and there doesn't look like there's anything that's missing, so I just uninstalled them at some point and didn't notice

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Reboot the device... Wife updated her S4 the other day and she was missing quite a few apps. No sign of them in Play Store App, App Drawer, nothing.. After a reboot the apps come back.

Don't ask why... It just works ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The home screen. The app drawer is as it should be, no gaps until the last app has been listed. I checked Play Store and there doesn't look like there's anything that's missing, so I just uninstalled them at some point and didn't notice

Let's clarify--you're saying that some apps are missing from the homescreen, but those apps are still in the App Drawer? If that's the case, then it sounds like the homescreen shortcuts got lost, but you should be able to place them again by going to the app drawer, grabbing the app, and placing another shortcut. But if the apps are missing from the app drawer, then that's a problem.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Let's clarify--you're saying that some apps are missing from the homescreen, but those apps are still in the App Drawer? If that's the case, then it sounds like the homescreen shortcuts got lost, but you should be able to place them again by going to the app drawer, grabbing the app, and placing another shortcut. But if the apps are missing from the app drawer, then that's a problem.

I think all the apps I had before are still in the app drawer. It's the home screen that has the gaps on it

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually this update did mess with several things.

It somehow "erases" apps from your phone. I had to reinstall several apps.

I've also noticed a significant loss of battery. 😠

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually this update did mess with several things.

It somehow "erases" apps from your phone. I had to reinstall several apps.

I've also noticed a significant loss of battery. 😠

I also had apps that were hidden pre update that I can't unhide or find, but they're still functional (they were keyboards and wallpapers)

Posted via Android Central App

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I lost quite a number of apps after the update and had to reinstall them x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, it's happening!
At least I only lost apps that I just had to reinstall, that's not a biggie. The big issue for me now is the battery drainage. But there are folks with more issues.

cherrie08

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, after the android update, I lost most of my widgets and my battery doesn't suffice for long, as it used to. My phone is hardly a year old. I read about your reboot solution. But I do not see the REBOOT option on power button as well I can't see the system update option in the more section of settings. What do I do? Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza