Can I switch SIM from Spring Galaxy S4 to iPhone 5?

jfittro

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I've had a galaxy S4 with sprint for a few months now, I've cracked the lcd twice now, im sick of this phone. What i am asking is if i can use a iphone 5 with the sim card in the galaxy as long as it would be under sprint. I need to know this!! I'll re word it for people who may be confused. Can i swap the sim card from a galaxy to a iphone 5 as long as its still sprint? thank you.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Sprint S4 doesn't use a removable sim card. Either way, the one in the iPhone is smaller, so you'll have to cut it if you want to use the same one

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Sprint S4 doesn't use a removable sim card. Either way, the one in the iPhone is smaller, so you'll have to cut it if you want to use the same one

Pretty sure no SIM. You would have to go into Sprint or call to transfer to iPhone.

ಠ益ಠ

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Why would sprint not have a Sim? My Verizon S4 has a Sim even though it's CDMA. When I upgraded I just pulled the Sim from the old phone and popped it in the new one. It then activated automatically

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Why would sprint not have a Sim? My Verizon S4 has a Sim even though it's CDMA. When I upgraded I just pulled the Sim from the old phone and popped it in the new one. It then activated automatically

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Apparently only LTE CDMA phones use it. I thought it applied to all of them, my bad
In that case, he still needs a different one because the size is different. Or he could cut it

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I switched from the iPhone 5c on sprint to a galaxy s4 on sprint. I asked about the sim card and was told by sprint that the sim for the iPhone 5 is for access to the lte network and the sim in the galaxy is for international use. They have 2 different function as well as size difference. You will definitely need a new sim. If you go to the apple store they will give you one for free.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
How is switching to an iphone going to stop you from cracking the lcd?

I'm not OP, but this phone seems to be the most fragile of all of the previous Galaxy S#s. I ran a Galaxy S2 caseless for three years, no problem. I ran my S4 caseless for two weeks before the display snapped in half.
My neighbor is the only person I know with a damaged S4 that still has a working screen; only his glass shattered.

My hunch is the size of this phone makes it more fragile than smaller phones, in which case a smaller smartphone would be less likely to break.
The cheapest solution is to just invest in a good case for your S4.

Btw, Sprint S4 does use a standard SIM card, you just can't switch it on the fly, Sprint needs to activate the device.
Which is part of the reason I'm switching to T-Mobile...

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34