Signs of Galaxy S5 Rounded Icons on Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2

Manish Kohli

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just recently updated my S4 I337M (a Canadian build) to KitKat 4.4.2 and noticed something weird.
Basically, when you have the Quick settings window open and hold down one of the switches in the notification panel (e.g., WiFi or Sound) to access that item's settings menu, the round S5 touchwiz version of the icon flashes for a quick second before switching back to the regular one observed on the S4 (at least I believe they're the S5 icons... I'm basing it off of a video I've seen of the S5's quick settings menu on youtube --> here's an image of that menu: http://androidcommunity.com/wp-cont...een-Shot-2014-02-28-at-1.49.52-PM-820x420.png you can see that the sound and wifi images I've observed (pictures below) match the ones in this pic).

But yeah, have any of you noticed this? Is this something new or is it even unusual? Or am i just missing something haha.

OH and here's a few pics:
Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-07-14.jpg
Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-07-46.jpg
Screenshot_2014-03-19-23-58-47.jpg

You can see the icon in the top left (took a while to screen shot these haha. you can't see the actual settings menu for the item yet just because it hadn't loaded yet since by the time it loads, the icon has reverted back to the S4 icon).

Thanks!
-MK

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhh yes! Just tried it myself and I see those too! Let's hope they bring that interface to us on the S4! :)

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just recently updated my S4 I337M (a Canadian build) to KitKat 4.4.2 and noticed something weird.
Basically, when you have the Quick settings window open and hold down one of the switches in the notification panel (e.g., WiFi or Sound) to access that item's settings menu, the round S5 touchwiz version of the icon flashes for a quick second before switching back to the regular one observed on the S4 (at least I believe they're the S5 icons... I'm basing it off of a video I've seen of the S5's quick settings menu on youtube --> here's an image of that menu: http://androidcommunity.com/wp-cont...een-Shot-2014-02-28-at-1.49.52-PM-820x420.png you can see that the sound and wifi images I've observed (pictures below) match the ones in this pic).

But yeah, have any of you noticed this? Is this something new or is it even unusual? Or am i just missing something haha.

OH and here's a few pics:
View attachment 108688
View attachment 108689
View attachment 108690

You can see the icon in the top left (took a while to screen shot these haha. you can't see the actual settings menu for the item yet just because it hadn't loaded yet since by the time it loads, the icon has reverted back to the S4 icon).

Thanks!
-MK

Hello and welcome to the forums. Now that you mentioned it I did pay more attention and you're right.

I don't recall my phone doing that before the Android 4.4.2 update.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!