Galaxy S4: Unsynchronized lockscreen clock

Ninjus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have this weird problem regarding the clock or time displayed in the lock screen. The clock located in the upper right of the screen is different from the clock displayed in the locktime screen. But sometimes both clocks are synchronize. Am I the only one experiencing this? BTW I'm using stock rom and unrooted. This only occured after I updated my phone from 4.3 to 4.4.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have this weird problem regarding the clock or time displayed in the lock screen. The clock located in the upper right of the screen is different from the clock displayed in the locktime screen. But sometimes both clocks are synchronize. Am I the only one experiencing this? BTW I'm using stock rom and unrooted. This only occured after I updated my phone from 4.3 to 4.4.

Does this only happen when first waking up your phone (pressing home or power button with the screen off) or at all times? I'm pretty sure the stock lock screen clock has issues with updating on Samsung phones. It'll take a couple of seconds before updating
You can use a third party lockscreen clock to fix it. My personal favorite is dash clock

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Ninjus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply, not most of the time but it's annoying specially when I am checking the time only to find out that the time in the lockscreen is not correct. This issue didn't persist when I am still in my 4.3 update. Am I the only one experiencing this in 4.4 update?

Ryukai

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue on my Galaxy Note 3. Never happened on 4.3, only occurs on 4.4. The difference between 4.3 and 4.4, in 4.3 it updates on its own after half a second. In 4.4 it stays on the wrong time until you lock the screen and then unlock again.

Can't use Dashclock as it doesn't work with a PIN lock screen and I need to have a PIN for my work e-mails to synchronise.

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue on my Galaxy Note 3. Never happened on 4.3, only occurs on 4.4. The difference between 4.3 and 4.4, in 4.3 it updates on its own after half a second. In 4.4 it stays on the wrong time until you lock the screen and then unlock again.

Can't use Dashclock as it doesn't work with a PIN lock screen and I need to have a PIN for my work e-mails to synchronise.

Same on Note 3 but with 4.3
Home screen clock freezes until reboot.

hu4aqa3u.jpg

Ninjus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with Note 3. Lock screen clock doesn't sync until I unlock and then lock again. Only started since 4.4 update.

Same with me. I need to lock then unlock for it to synchronize. I tried factory resetting it and I'll inform you if it will fix the bug.