memory problem on S4

ahmedmabrouk

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello Android people

so i recently got this S4 to my wife , looked great and everything but now it has this famous memory problem
its GT-19500 version 4.2.2
when i tap settings >>More>> storage it says total space 8.9 GB ,, now how come its just 8.9 g only ,, ???!! i bought this thing 16 G,, also i have application and data about 3.5 G in total and it says available 748MB only !!!! where is the rest ?
also when i tap the task manager>> storage >> it says : system storage 15.27GB/16.00GB ,, why is there a diff in the memory calculations ?.. can this issue be resolved ? how ?
how come i just bought this phone and its showing this huge utilization ?

Thank you:)

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The phone's own operation system and utilities consume space and have to reside somewhere. That's where your 16GB internal storage goes from 16GB to 8.9GB.
Every hard drive or storage device (MicroSD) requires overhead to manage the file system. That's where your .73GB went on your external storage (MicroSD).

ahmedmabrouk

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The phone's own operation system and utilities consume space and have to reside somewhere. That's where your 16GB internal storage goes from 16GB to 8.9GB.
Every hard drive or storage device (MicroSD) requires overhead to manage the file system. That's where your .73GB went on your external storage (MicroSD).

hello Trucky
i have no external memory ,, what should i do ?

ahmedmabrouk

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You don't have a MicroSD card inside your phone?
yes i don't have external SD ,, only 16 G internal memory ,, what should i do to free up some space ? and where is all the 8G eaten ? i swear i have only like 3.5 G used ,, where the heck is the rest of the 8 G ?? so strange and annoying

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
yes i don't have external SD ,, only 16 G internal memory ,, what should i do to free up some space ? and where is all the 8G eaten ? i swear i have only like 3.5 G used ,, where the heck is the rest of the 8 G ?? so strange and annoying

Re-read post # 2. This normal.