Galaxy S4: Question about disabling automatic wifi

skinnybandit

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone so far, it's been great. The only thing that annoys me is that the Wi-Fi automatically turns on wherever I'm at, and will connect to random Wi-Fi spots, when I have 4G. I was wondering is their a way to disable this feature? I turn Wi-Fi off but then turns back on still whenever it wants. Thanks for the help.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 question.

I love the phone so far, it's been great. The only thing that annoys me is that the Wi-Fi automatically turns on wherever I'm at, and will connect to random Wi-Fi spots, when I have 4G. I was wondering is their a way to disable this feature? I turn Wi-Fi off but then turns back on still whenever it wants. Thanks for the help.

Posted via Android Central App

Are you on Sprint? If so go under your "More Networks" option and ensure to disable "Sprint Connection Optimizer". It will randomly turn on wifi and try to connect to it ... it is Sprint's way of off-loading data to wifi networks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you disabled the auto network switch? It is in the advanced wifi settings

yvunapy3.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Could you post a screenshot of the path that Almeuit suggested?

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Samsungs try power and home at the same time. You need the Forums app to post pictures.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Samsungs try power and home at the same time. You need the Forums app to post pictures.

Yup. Power plus home button at the same time. Or you can use your palm motion if you have it set up.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro