Samsung Galaxy s4 System ui notification Sound

gennady1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys I also have issue with this treble annoying sound water dripping degenerate (crap) sound , Droid calling this System ui sound, I did update my droid to 4.4.3 KitKat os , but still no way to change this crappy sound , can any one help with out rooting the phone

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings / my device /sound / default notification / should cover lust of programs to select new ringtone...best to choose "media storage" to select new ringtone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No he means 4.4.2 the official is a . Version behind and your not going to be able to change that sound without root privileges as this is an odexed rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys I also have issue with this treble annoying sound water dripping degenerate (crap) sound
Haha sorry I can't be of much help but have to say that this is what I thought it sounded like too (someone going to the bathroom). I refuse to use the sound because of it.

Posted via Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lmfao he means the water drop sound yea I can replace it but you need a root browser and to rewrite the file and keep the same title so basically take a sound file you like copy it go back to the sound location back up the original file post it to a different folder paste the new file in the original folder give it root permissions reboot and see what happens

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Basically a lot of bs but being the system is odexed it must be this way to let it do its function if it's not named the same it won't work

anon(3882976)

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
If you want to silence the drip sound, go to settings, my device, sound, volume, then slide the system volume over to the left. Whenever I restart my S4, the system volume defaults to the far left/silent and I have to move it to the right (I've gotten used to the sound and actually miss it when it's muted).

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
They definitely should have included and option to change the sound.

Posted via Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Nowhere in my phone am I forced to use this sound for anything. That's where I am confused here....?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nowhere in my phone am I forced to use this sound for anything. That's where I am confused here....?

I think he means if you want an audio response that's the only option ???

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Found it!! TW_TOUCH.OGG you need a root browser system media audio ui there you go now what you can do is keep the file name (odexed no choice) and rewrite it give it root permissions and reboot changed I recommend making a backup

Attachments

• 1397226399190.jpg
    1397226399190.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 9

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
OH OK I thought you guys meant the two part (bloop bloop) sound. The touch sound does sound like crap though. I have it shut off. It drives me crazy.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I tried and it seems even after deleting it somehow it still plays wow this is creepy lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech