Questions about the S4 (before getting one)

Pkts25

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I am currently in between thought between what phone I should get. I have the S relay but with the recent update that was for it the phone cant handle the possessor (or something like that is what the tech support guy from T-Mobile said) and my phone keeps crashing which is a shame because I love this phone.

Anyways The three phones I am looking at are the S4 S5 and the M8 but I am probably going to get the s4.

But I have a few questions before i get it

1. I noticed that it has a lot of white as the color of the apps and stuff (text messages the phone screen) as may app updates have been using but I really cant see with white. All my phones are usually programed to black as and my first cell phone had that as an option. My question is there a way to invert the color to negative with out everything being negative without rooting it Ie: the phone keys, texts and the keyboard

2. What is the difference between the regular S4 and the Google edition and how can I tell which one I get?

3. If I was to get the new phone now would upon start up make me update to 4.4.2? or can I get the one before that with out it being its release one?

hank you for all the help in advance :)

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
1. I noticed that it has a lot of white as the color of the apps and stuff (text messages the phone screen) as may app updates have been using but I really cant see with white. All my phones are usually programed to black as and my first cell phone had that as an option. My question is there a way to invert the color to negative with out everything being negative without rooting it Ie: the phone keys, texts and the keyboard

2. What is the difference between the regular S4 and the Google edition and how can I tell which one I get?

3. If I was to get the new phone now would upon start up make me update to 4.4.2? or can I get the one before that with out it being its release one?

hank you for all the help in advance :)

1. No there is no way to do that currently. You can make all of the colors negative or if the app has a version you can change it to black or change the settings inside the app to have different colors but with negative it is all or nothing.

2. Google Edition runs without Samsung's TouchWiz interface. Basically a good way to tell is where you bought it. Generally GE phones are only available through Google. So as long as you don't do that or root your phone you have TouchWiz aka regular phone.

3. Right now it probably is starting to be shipped with KitKat 4.4.2 though I would recommend it because my signal seems better with the update as opposed to without it. Jellybean caused me too many headaches. I like the color scheme as well.

Personally, out of all of those phones you listed, I would recommend the M8. I absolutely hate Samsung and their devices. HTC has always been good to me (had the hd7 for 2 years my dad used it up until the screen cracked but my sister gave him hers when she got the S4 and we got the phone at the same time; about 5-6 years old and it still works like new) so up to you but I'd to some reading around and watch some YouTube videos by PocketNow, Android Authority, and those kind of people.

Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Pkts25

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
1. No there is no way to do that currently. You can make all of the colors negative or if the app has a version you can change it to black or change the settings inside the app to have different colors but with negative it is all or nothing.

2. Google Edition runs without Samsung's TouchWiz interface. Basically a good way to tell is where you bought it. Generally GE phones are only available through Google. So as long as you don't do that or root your phone you have TouchWiz aka regular phone.

3. Right now it probably is starting to be shipped with KitKat 4.4.2 though I would recommend it because my signal seems better with the update as opposed to without it. Jellybean caused me too many headaches. I like the color scheme as well.

Personally, out of all of those phones you listed, I would recommend the M8. I absolutely hate Samsung and their devices. HTC has always been good to me (had the hd7 for 2 years my dad used it up until the screen cracked but my sister gave him hers when she got the S4 and we got the phone at the same time; about 5-6 years old and it still works like new) so up to you but I'd to some reading around and watch some YouTube videos by PocketNow, Android Authority, and those kind of people.

Good luck!

1. Is white something that is going to be started on all phones do you think? Ive noticed it alot more lately
2. I see I was going to go to Tmobile store so I guess it will be a normal one
3. Is it better? I have been hearing mixed reviews about kit kat

I kind of rather get the M8 but I don't like the idea of on screen buttons. I already have enough trouble with touch screens in the rain and I feel like screen buttons aren't easier in the rain or if the app or device freezes. :/

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
1. Is white something that is going to be started on all phones do you think? Ive noticed it alot more lately
2. I see I was going to go to Tmobile store so I guess it will be a normal one
3. Is it better? I have been hearing mixed reviews about kit kat

I kind of rather get the M8 but I don't like the idea of on screen buttons. I already have enough trouble with touch screens in the rain and I feel like screen buttons aren't easier in the rain or if the app or device freezes. :/

1. White is a default color for most apps. Plus KitKat's icons are white and you won't be able to avoid those for much longer.

2. Yes, normal one indeed.

3. I haven't had any issues thus far and trust me I will be posting here for advice if I run into anymore issues cause I've been writing them down recently & other than 3 lines on the page the rest of the page (just the front of one page college ruled) is filled with issues I've been having mainly with my data. Using an S4 they sent me as a replacement rn hoping it fixes my issues. If not going back to my iPhone 5 until the 6 comes out.

If you go with TMobile I'd get heir JUMP! Plan. It adds tons of stuff to protect your phone for only $10/mo ask the rep about it. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781