I cannot use other apps while on a phone call!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I'm in a phone call, I cannot put the phone call in the background and use other apps. I used to be able to but now it won't. Anyone else having this problem?

"All I wanna do is a boom boom boom and a zoom zoom zoom"

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How are you trying to do it? You have to push the home button and then it will go to your home screen. From there you can go into other apps and do what you would normally do if you were not on a call.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The home button does NOTHING for my. Like I said, it used to work flawlessly. Im not rooted either.

"All I wanna do is a boom boom boom and a zoom zoom zoom"

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to clear app data and cache on the phone app

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can try to clear cache in recovery. If that doesn't work you can do a factory data reset

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I see this post if pretty old. But I am having this problem now! I can not find any information on it, I did a factory restore and a few weeks later it happened again.
Where you ever able to fix it?

mystik1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I see this post if pretty old. But I am having this problem now! I can not find any information on it, I did a factory restore and a few weeks later it happened again.
Where you ever able to fix it?

I can't believe it, but over 4 years later, and I am having this problem on the Galaxy Note 10+. Anyone ever find a solution? I didn't have this problem with the S10+. I was using AT&T then...Verizon now, but I have the carrier unlocked phone (not that I think any of that _should_ matter).

Skip Gillespie

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe it, but over 4 years later, and I am having this problem on the Galaxy Note 10+. Anyone ever find a solution? I didn't have this problem with the S10+. I was using AT&T then...Verizon now, but I have the carrier unlocked phone (not that I think any of that _should_ matter).

I have a Galaxy Note 9 and was having the same issue. Here's what I found on mine.

Two phone applications were on my device.

- one that is part of the Verizon suite that I cannot uninstall and has no real information on it other than a version number (version 10.1.02.35 if anyone is interested).

- the other was an app called 'True Phone Dialer & Contacts'. I had installed it because I was having problems with the contacts manager that came with the phone.

When I installed the True Phone app, it became the default for phone calls. From that point on, I had the same issues. If in a call, I could not switch to another app no matter what I did.

I eventually uninstalled the True Phone app and that problem went away. With the factory phone app, I can switch back and forth from the phone app to other apps mid call.

Not sure if that will help anyone, but it's what I found on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Verizon.

Hope it helps.

Skip