Master Sync turned off?

erinjod

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I recently downloaded the Kit Kat update and now I am unable to receive emails though the icon. It says master email sync has been turned off. Any idea how to turn it back on? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

ColinBeckman

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down 2 fingers from the top of the display to reveal setting icons. Synch is bottom left. Or swipe down with one finger to reveal the setting cog wheel top right and tap the icon next to it to reveal the same menu

Zeustopher

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I somehow turned this off on my phone and was searching everywhere. Thanks for the help. An additional note - if you are on a recent version of CyanogenMod then you might need to add that tile to your quick settings in order to see it. Somehow I turned my 'master sync' off but didn't have the quick settings tile showing so I didn't realize I had turned it off.

Craft5200

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
.**** didn't say swipe down from home screen, I was doing in email screen. Thanks! Doesn't work for me. Help. The sync button is showing, but if I click it same error. No swiping up or down

Last edited:

HDRider402

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down 2 fingers from the top of the display to reveal setting icons. Synch is bottom left. Or swipe down with one finger to reveal the setting cog wheel top right and tap the icon next to it to reveal the same menu

I think I've been all through the pdf manual for my note 3. I don't think they mention this little one finger two finger tip about the notification panel anywhere. Thanks for sharing the information

sydneyliptak

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I did the 2 finger down-swipe and turned that sinc button on however my email is still not sincing automatically. I can still sinc by tapping the "sinc" button. My master sinc button is still off! :(

CyTex

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to plug in phone. It got down to 7%. Sync is just one of the many things I had to redo and reset. A lot of things turned off or turned themselves down to save power. Emails, alarms, notifications, etc.

Damon C

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently downloaded the Kit Kat update and now I am unable to receive emails though the icon. It says master email sync has been turned off. Any idea how to turn it back on? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Some phones have a settings tray for pull-down notifications. Make sure that "sync" is one of the active icons in your notifications tray. If not, drag it from the INACTIVE ICONS TRAY to the ACTIVE ICONS TRAY to be able to use in in your pull-down shortcuts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08