Verizon GS4 Kit Kat Update?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not feeling good about the update. My phone works now. I'm reading where working phones start having problems after the KK install.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded kit kat last night on my S4 & it works fine as far as I can tell. But I am in the UK.

Posted via Android Central App

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Any changes in battery life? That is the only complaint I have with my phone. It rapidly drinks and battery. Hopefully KK will help. It sure can't get worse.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My battery life seems fine. On the first night I got 14 hours out of it but it was on stand by for about 10 hours as I left it on over night while I slept.

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm down 15% in 29 minutes seems excessive battery drain. Can't wait til contract is up so I can dump this piece

gxblin

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So far battery life seems better to me. I've had my s4 for about a year now and the kitkat update seems to have improved the battery. I'm running the google now launcher with location services on and the battery is doing just fine. Overall I like the simple Ui tweaks. Also not sure if this makes a difference but I've done this for the Android 4.3 update and, now, the 4.4 update. Before I even download the update I make sure that all my apps are updated from the play store. Secondly I restart my phone (the actual restart option). I then download the update itself. Restart the phone again, then install the update immediately. After installation is complete I again restart the phone. I've done this exact same thing for the last two updates and I did not experience any of the issues found in 4.3 and (so far) none in 4.4. Hope this helps.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I may follow your proven procedure and update.
Don't reckon it could do that much damage. Might help battery life.
It's 1100 am and I have 35% left and I took my phone off charge at 6am.
No phone calls, little bit music streaming, no sync, Wifi off. Screen on full but still...
That's pathetic.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was actually gonna upgrade tonight in hopes it would help my battery life
BUT... I just read where my windows 8 launcher isn't ready for kit kat and not working well. I guess I'll wait awhile because I love that launcher.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and upgraded to KK last night. Did as the previous poster and said and did all of the app updates. Seems fine this morning. I can say it is MUCH faster. Battery drain seems about the same. Been off 30 minutes and down 4 %. Lol. That's just amazing what a great phone this is to have such a sad battery life. Coming from a RAZR Maxx, it is possible to have a
great phone with a great battery life.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

gxblin

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Cool. I'm enjoying kitkat. I've also noticed a major speed boost with kitkat, especially in the settings menu. It's buttery smooth on mine. Yeah battery life isn't the best, but as long as my s4 can make it a full day I'm content with it. But I do keep the brightness at around 40-45% most of the time which helps a lot.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
As bad as I hate to I may have to do a factory reset due to this battery drain issue. It's 130 and I'm down to 49 percent....
THAT'S AFTER A FULL RECHARGE AT ELEVEN AFTER TAKING IT OFF CHARGE AT 5.!
so much junk running in the background. You can turn it off and it just restarts.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset and new KK. It maybe a little bit better on the battery life.
But it certainly isn't that big got a change. The people getting 12-13 hours on their S4 either have their screen set to barely able to see, completely not using this phone to pix, text or call, or staying in airplane mode or lieing, lol.

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
4g connection absolutely sucks. I'm in the middle of town and can physically see a Verizon tower, yet I can't connect. Hard reset wasted hours of my life but did not improve anything.
I can't wait to get rid of this POS phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech