Wi-Fi AND 4G Icon Showing at Same Time?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on Wi-Fi, full signal, and my phone is showing I'm on 4G as well. I just updated to KitKat yesterday. Possible KitKat bug?

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on Wi-Fi, full signal, and my phone is showing I'm on 4G as well. I just updated to KitKat yesterday. Possible KitKat bug?

I have heard nothing of the sort in regards to KitKat or period for that matter.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon and even their tech support team had no idea how to approach my problem. I was hoping a forum member had this experience and could help. I rely more on you guys more than i do Verizon.

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. But its very possible. For me 4G icon eventually goes away. I am on tmobile.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Best thing after a new update is a factory reset, makes the phone like new. Kit Kat is smoking on mine.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If I factory reset, I'll lose the info on a few apps that don't have accounts nor will they back up. A factory reset be a last resort.

sparkybutch

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having same issue. Only the arrows for the wifi, indicating upload and download are active, although the 4G icon is lit also. There is no activity showing for the 4g.. It was posted on KitKat forum that the Galaxy4 uses the wifi by default and does not go over to the 4g. I hope so till a fix can be found. This happened with the KitKat update. Also, took the phone to a Verizon store yesterday and they had no clue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also doing the same thing after the Kit Kat update. I'm showing full wifi signal, and my 4G icon is also lit. Additionally my phone's wifi seems to have throttled itself and is allowing no more than 2.5 Mbps down, according to speedtest.net (all of my other wireless devices fly on my home's wifi). This also happened post-Kit Kat update. I've started leaving the wifi off on the phone because 4G is much faster.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine is also doing the same thing after the Kit Kat update. I'm showing full wifi signal, and my 4G icon is also lit. Additionally my phone's wifi seems to have throttled itself and is allowing no more than 2.5 Mbps down, according to speedtest.net (all of my other wireless devices fly on my home's wifi). This also happened post-Kit Kat update. I've started leaving the wifi off on the phone because 4G is much faster.

Strange. I haven't been throttled via Wi-Fi but was when I had unlimited data,

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Just tested mine and got about 21Mbps download and the American upload on my Fios.

Sent from my SCH-i545

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the data is being throttled at the source, I think my phone is throttling it. Every other wireless device in my house, including my wife's Note 10.1 is downloading at at least 25-30 Mbps, while my phone only goes at 2-3 Mbps. It didn't do this before the Kit Kat upgrade.
Strange. I haven't been throttled via Wi-Fi but was when I had unlimited data,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc