Custom os warning and problem with volume key

Nicola Stead

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi the other day the volume button started to mute involuntary and if I text the size would increase/decrease. I have tried to reboot it and it comes up with a custom os warning. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the volume button, any ideas?

TeaToxTime_com

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem with my S4. Whenever the phone goes off and I try to turn it back on the annoying 'Warning' Custom os comes on and I couldn't turn my phone on.

I read a few articles and discovered that it has to do with your volume button. I dropped my phone a few days ago and read that if the volume button is stuck that this happens. So I went to the kitchen and go a sharp knife, put the blade to the side of the volume button and pulled it up on both ends ever so slightly, to my amazement, the phone turned on!!! (make sure its plugged in because whilst that warning is on the phone doesn't charge)

Now I have to go and get my volume button looked at because it is a stuck volume key that causes this. It must be a secret sequence that the phone companies use to change an os, not a virus.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Martin Mintz

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but my volume button is not stuck it seems to lower the volume by it self. is there a way to lock the volume and then unlock the volume when need too do so

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had erratic changes on volume with my earbuds plugged in. It was a bad headset (the headset has its own volume keys and can send volume change signals to phone)

Aniket Kanade

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I got the solution. I had faced the same problem with my samsung S8+. The solution is, press both volume key (Up & Down) buttons with 'power off' button till your device get restarted. So Your device is ready now to function properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech